£500 budget

richie_mck

RMS Regular
It’s cork, the worst that can happen is he has to get the bus back. I’d say the gamble is worth it for something a bit more fun

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
That is perfection right there. Really fugly, nice big engine (merc possibly?), plenty of room to kip, eat, party inside. Get it bought.
That is perfection right there. Really fugly, nice big engine (merc possibly?), plenty of room to kip, eat, party inside. Get it bought.

Seems it is a Merc engine...old though even for it. Crap reviews even when new lol But very probably is rwd. Throw a dodgy MOT on it ? lol With 760k on it, it must have been a taxi

Chris0

RMS Regular
Car check says it has MOT until 15th August! Get it bought!
Seen a ‘barn find’ rx8 for 450 but obviously no ticket on it

Wilseyvr6

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3 VR6
Hi pete I have this golf! £350 will lift it
20210526_205330.jpg
20210526_205349.jpg

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
guy i know has this, turbo diesel, no mot but i'm told in good order £300
WA-IMG-20210625-d39c4d11.jpg

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
guy i know has this, turbo diesel, no mot but i'm told in good order £300 View attachment 327016

That one still doing rounds.
Remember i took a MG ZT from Belfast, 4500 miles to Bratislava and back in 7 days with absolutely no issues. Ragged up and down the alps and round the nurburgring in the process and the year before doing the same in a £250 pinto sierra. The potential of it not getting there is half the fun.

View attachment 326629

View attachment 326630

In Ballycastle, with MOT and the damage can be ignored. It was obviously driving well enough if the cub was out in it.

The csr was bought by me and the engine was transplanted into my ztt, which several years later is still going strong.

Nothing wrong with an MG ROVER car, its the inability of people to maintain them.

rollinstone

RMS Regular
Drives
Old man car
We did a rally round the alps cars had to be under 500 and convertible. We were in a mgf which was temperamental to the last (died outside amsterdam on the way back), there was also a saab megane alpha spyder (died a day in) a golf and some weird Peugeot and a big audi convertible bus

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Thought I would update you all with this fine specimen.

some v8 goodness, with a full years ticket. The exhaust has been stolen from the cats back so we are welding some pipe in today 😂 it did mean it was just £250 and all that rust hiding awful vinyl was already in situ as comically someone thought that looks nice. Result 😂
716A732C-B317-4407-B7A3-5FE28EFD4C24.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Thought I would update you all with this fine specimen.

some v8 goodness, with a full years ticket. The exhaust has been stolen from the cats back so we are welding some pipe in today 😂 it did mean it was just £250 and all that rust hiding awful vinyl was already in situ as comically someone thought that looks nice. Result 😂View attachment 328654
that must sound INSANE! video needed before a pipe gets near the thing!