‘98 Corsa B

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Two things BRIAN....NOT JOHNNY.
And.........
you don't know what to be at, just that you cant be content with such things as ye have! I hope you got good dough for the Black one buddy. 🤣 health to sport a striped track suit!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Jez you like your Vauxhalls. Wanna buy my Insignia next? 1.8 tons of low 30s mpg goodness lol.

I always like Corsa B, they are a nice simple shape.

Standard grill, all thuse bloody stickers of the windows, red top. Done :grinning:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Jez you like your Vauxhalls. Wanna buy my Insignia next? 1.8 tons of low 30s mpg goodness lol.

I always like Corsa B, they are a nice simple shape.

Standard grill, all thuse bloody stickers of the windows, red top. Done :grinning:
Yea what can I say, I’m glutton for punishment! Lol.

Stickers removed this morning, except for what I assume is the dealer sticker, but rest assured it will be coming off! Lol on the hunt for a standard grill!

64A6C212-EBA2-44A4-BE5D-981476A03D49.jpeg
513C1EC2-88DD-4C50-BAAB-D77C55A926A8.jpeg

Looks like Seymour Hill in the pictures! Health to mod @Blackie

Loved your Astra so looking forward to seeing how you get one with this :grinning:
Lilac Walk in Dunmurry is where it was previously registered to?

The Astra took a good picture to be honest, or as the saying goes :- looks good from far, but far from good!

As well as removing the stickers, I replaced the door mirrors as the mechanisms were broken. Thankfully the replacements came supplied with the car.

I then took to scrubbing the inside of it. It wasn’t particularly dirty, just paranoid with this Covid-19 lol. Though the insides of the door pockets appeared to have mould in them. 20 mins later they didn’t! Lol.

I fitted a DAB headunit to her, though I need an aerial for it and I’ve discovered that I also need door speakers, 22 years of use has taken its toll on them! Lol.

Being a Breeze is safe to say it’s pretty much poverty spec, and as well as needing door speakers, I’m going to get a set for the rear quarters as there are none fitted. In the better weather, providing Covid-19 doesn’t get me, I’ll fit the amo and sub that I had in the Vectra.

I’m on the hunt for a body loom, door looms and the electric window mechanisms as well as central locking door catches as I plan to do a retrofit and upgrade the spec.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I'm saying this and nobody wants to buy my old heap:joy:

What are your plans for this one then?
Mostly tidy it up and minting it as best I can.

I want to retro fit electric windows and central locking to her. I’m going to do a subtle ICE install in her as well. I’ve just ordered a set of Hertz Uno component speakers for the front doors.

I’m a little undecided what to do engine wise. At the moment I can’t stretch to an x16xe swap, so I’m thinking of changing the inlet manifold on this engine for one from a c14se (basically the Corsa SRi) which had multi point injection. I recall my little Corsa SRi back in the day was fairly rapid for what it was:

E28C7944-E86D-4E0E-B1B4-FD7241AAD470.jpeg

Over the past two days I adjusted the clutch cable as the bite point was pretty much at the floor! I then gave her a wash and today I took her for a blast whilst I did the Mother’s Day card drop to the mothers in my family.

Man I love this wee car! If any of you are familiar with the back roads around Antrim, Parkgate, Doagh & Ballyclare, I had such fun on the Ballybentragh and the Burn roads specifically! Grinning like a Cheshire Cat here! Lol

But in my fun I lost the front plate somewhere! :joy:

2E51FD39-DA2A-4179-8041-1B7BD9E626B2.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So I took the advice of a friend and took five minutes of “me time” to try and sort my head out and fitted the new front plate to the car.

BEADFA72-E1CD-416E-A463-745B0EE84737.jpeg

I need to get my hands on some double sided tape/number plate strips to fit the matching rear plate, but that’s for another day.

I really need to get a standard grill for it though! Lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I decided to get the kids out into the back garden for a bit of fresh air and to let them mess about, whilst I was “keeping an eye” on them whilst simultaneously cleaning up this little Sportex back box that was supplied with the Corsa.

Gonna rub it down and give it a lick of heat proof paint just to freshen it up before I fit it.

03693AEB-27B3-4F75-B7A9-B8857B77D344.jpeg