‘98 Corsa B

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Aaaaaannndd the back box is off the car again. Went to the bank this morning and the drone put my head away! Lol. When I got home half the baffles were hanging out the tail pipe :confounded:
I had discovered that the previous owner had fitted a Hoffman straight through centre section, which probably helped create the noise! Lol

So standard back box on for now....

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I remember having one of these in the late 90's when working for TOAD in Oldham. It was the 1.7D Combo. Absolutely awesome machine. I left the company in around 1999 and handed back a spotless high mileage 2 year old van. Everyone else had reversed theirs into something, when mine hadn't even got anything over a stone chip. The new keeper of my van reversed it into a post within 2 weeks! It was a few years before parking sensors would be possible on run of the mill mass production vehicles!
In short..... I love these cars. Simple, reliable, who cares if they didn't have the driving dynamics of their rivals (like horses and carts etc). 😂

neil#66

RMS Regular
Aw this takes me back to my days of Corsa ownership, this was my first one (also first car)

F626B821-D6B0-4DC5-B99F-4F917B6BA0FD.jpeg

Back in them days (god I feel old saying that) I had a cherry bomb backbox on this, wasn’t too loud was nice and subtle

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I was looking for a different photo and came across these - how I bought it and how it finished up. I have a set of blacked out depo headlights and new arch mouldings sitting here too.

View attachment 271573View attachment 271574

I really do love that. Looks a completely different colour of blue.
Any thoughts on the addition of black Gsi sideskirts with removal of the side strips?

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I was looking for a different photo and came across these - how I bought it and how it finished up. I have a set of blacked out depo headlights and new arch mouldings sitting here too.

Aw depo lights! I’m looking for a set myself! Might end up buying a few standard pairs and then split and paint them.

Some difference in the paintwork! The colour didn’t look great in the “before” pic but really came alive in the “after” pic! Good work!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool

Lovely we car even in dla purple :joy: Was actually the cheapest colour u could pick for your dla car in the day but IMO it was one of the best. Iv my eye on one atm but it’s just a basic in poverty spec...

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
20170712_134304000_iOS.jpg

Loving the timewarp going on in this thread! This was my first car. A facelift corsa b 1.2 16v with a horrendously loud exhaust but I loved it, it was lowered on coilovers and sitting on astra sport alloys with 195 tyres which actually made it handle quite well. Horrendously rotted heap of a car but I preferred it in a lot of ways to the saxo vtr that replaced it! I later had another corsa b, a pre facelift which had the facelift front end, resprayed from barney the dinosaur purple to black and all the trims colour coded. Again it was lowered on coilovers (the set from the blue one were reused) and had a set of corsa sport alloys. It was converted from a 1.2 8v to a 1.4 8v with high lift cam and ported and polished head. Went surprisingly well for what it was! Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of that one

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
View attachment 271634

Loving the timewarp going on in this thread! This was my first car. A facelift corsa b 1.2 16v with a horrendously loud exhaust but I loved it, it was lowered on coilovers and sitting on astra sport alloys with 195 tyres which actually made it handle quite well. Horrendously rotted heap of a car but I preferred it in a lot of ways to the saxo vtr that replaced it! I later had another corsa b, a pre facelift which had the facelift front end, resprayed from barney the dinosaur purple to black and all the trims colour coded. Again it was lowered on coilovers (the set from the blue one were reused) and had a set of corsa sport alloys. It was converted from a 1.2 8v to a 1.4 8v with high lift cam and ported and polished head. Went surprisingly well for what it was! Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of that one
Very nice! I love those alloys!!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
My eBay list is growing and growing! Lol. Just added Vectra B inner door handles to the list. The chrome ones, which are a straight swap for the Corsa ones.

Also looking at Cavalier GSi/SRi steering wheels lol, ah the retro styling memories are flooding back! Lol.

many one got a Tigra scuttle panel? Lol

saxo_man

RMS Regular
My eBay list is growing and growing! Lol. Just added Vectra B inner door handles to the list. The chrome ones, which are a straight swap for the Corsa ones.

Also looking at Cavalier GSi/SRi steering wheels lol, ah the retro styling memories are flooding back! Lol.

many one got a Tigra scuttle panel? Lol

The tigra mod is good. I fitted a momo wheel to mine, feel like a rally driver everytime I'm in it. Meant ditching the airbag though.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
I don’t think the Breeze model even came with an airbag! I remember mum having a 1.4 8v breeze back in the day and the only optionS it had was power assisted steering and sunroof. No central locking or electric windows or anything like that back then. I miss my Corsa B. Mine was a GLS 1.0 12v so was positively luxury but it struggled to get up the slightest hill.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I don’t think the Breeze model even came with an airbag! I remember mum having a 1.4 8v breeze back in the day and the only optionS it had was power assisted steering and sunroof. No central locking or electric windows or anything like that back then. I miss my Corsa B. Mine was a GLS 1.0 12v so was positively luxury but it struggled to get up the slightest hill.
Nail -> head!

Mine is the 1.4 8v Breeze and as you say it has no central locking and no airbags but does indeed have a (manual) sunroof and power steering, not the epas that some seem to got for, but good old fashioned hydraulic power steering lol .

The previous owner fitting what looks like an eBay special non-branded aftermarket steering wheel, which I’m not particularly happy with.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a car and thought that’s a nice scuttle panel. 🙈
Ah you know what it’s like in the modified car world, if it can be modified or changed, then it will! Lol.

For some folk it’s the little details such as this, but I guess it’s only going to be the nerds that would notice the difference.

That said, found a Tigra scuttle panel on eBay last night!! 8o|

Need to unsubscribe from this thread or I’m going to end up with another project :rolleyes::joy:

:grinning::joy: