‘98 Corsa B

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Sorry but maybe I've missed it, but what's the advantage of the Tigra scuttle panel?
Absolutely none! It just looks a little different. It was one of the mods that was done to them back in the day and it’s not like every modification carried out, even now adds any advantage?

In my mind it looks a little better, however I’m aware that what looks good is purely subjective.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Got this today, hope to get out and for it later:

15FBFFC5-3F92-4293-8DDD-573D7F0F4186.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So the main reason I was replacing the steering wheel was because I wasn’t a fan of the non-specific branded steering wheel that was on the car when I got it.

211A30B0-53E3-4626-B7E2-1705925C0212.jpeg

I found the Astra/Cavalier/Calibra one as picture in my previous post which in my opinion looks much better anyway.

And here it is fitted:

1E3893EB-B635-4941-A351-5CEF0C40CFB1.jpeg

graham8

RMS Regular
Good to see you’ve swapped the Adidas trackies for a pair of jeans lol always liked these would love another!

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
Looks much better! Sporty steering wheels have their place if they're branded and in a drift car or something like that, not in a 1.4 corsa. OEM is the way to go for sure 😎

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
Much better than an unbranded wheel. Although nothing is worse than the 2 spoke wheel the non airbag corsa came with originally.

I had that god awful 2 spoke wheel in my second corsa, the airbag wheel from the first one was quickly fitted even though there was no airbag system for it to be useful just so I didn't need to look at the 2 spoke monstosity! thankfully my first corsa had the same sort of style airbag wheel as the MK4 astras instead of the horrendously bulky looking mk3 astra style one

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
My Corsa is of such basic spec it didn’t even have airbags!

I had thought that perhaps the previous owner had maybe removed a fuse or bulb for the airbag light, but when I removed the previous steering wheel I noticed that there was no wires or plug for an airbag type steering wheel.

So mine would have originally come with this awful two spoke Bobbie that I think you guys are talking about:

AA41B832-8C8B-41C0-B4BB-B184989E6DD3.png

Tryin to deny the trackies tho.... priceless :joy:
:joy:

I don’t think I’ve had a pair since my mid twenties, and that wasn’t yesterday :grinning:

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I’m thinking of shadow chrome or similar for the indicators, but definitely want red for the stop/tail bulbs. Want to give as little reason as possible for the cops to stop me, which unfortunately means fitting some sort of subtle-ish reflectors to the rear (n):rolleyes:

Found these earlier if you want them Brian and I'll bung em in the post to you. Proper stamped reflectors, for some old clear lens I bought years back, but obviously never fitted:innocent:

IMG_20200409_144317.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
My Corsa is of such basic spec it didn’t even have airbags!

I had thought that perhaps the previous owner had maybe removed a fuse or bulb for the airbag light, but when I removed the previous steering wheel I noticed that there was no wires or plug for an airbag type steering wheel.

So mine would have originally come with this awful two spoke Bobbie that I think you guys are talking about:

View attachment 272913

:joy:

I don’t think I’ve had a pair since my mid twenties, and that wasn’t yesterday :grinning:

@soupz

non pack mini one ring a bell lol?

colin84

RMS Regular
I duno if you've already mentioned, but does it have PAS? Sure that's all you need really. Although it's funny how you take things like electric windows for granted these days.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I duno if you've already mentioned, but does it have PAS? Sure that's all you need really. Although it's funny how you take things like electric windows for granted these days.
You’re absolutely right about the creature comforts in cars that we take for granted!

It has PAS, the hydraulic type rather than the electric type.

It also has a sunroof. Those are the only two “luxuries” it currently has lol.

It doesn’t even have rear speakers............ yet lol.

I’m currently waiting for a new DAB aerial so it will be somewhat modern in those terms lol
Has it keep-fit windows??
It has! Aw I haven’t heard that term in ages! Lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
What is the custom button behind the Wipers stalk for?
Eyes of a halk sir! It’s for the fan. I’m not sure of the exact reason, I presume the sensor on the radiator failed or the plug to go into it was corroded. I’m waiting on a sensor being delivered, once it is I’ll fashion some sort of plug for it. Not sure what to do with the hole left by the switch on the dash though lol

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Eyes of a halk sir! It’s for the fan. I’m not sure of the exact reason, I presume the sensor on the radiator failed or the plug to go into it was corroded. I’m waiting on a sensor being delivered, once it is I’ll fashion some sort of plug for it. Not sure what to do with the hole left by the switch on the dash though lol
Period correct undercar neons lol