“Car from Japan” website

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Has anyone used these guys?

It’s not the usual Jap car I’m looking to import, it’s a Volkswagen (boring I know). The website has good reviews but would like opinions or even alternative websites to browse and buy from.

Next issue would be swapping the KM to Miles etc and insuring it but would prefer to get a good idea on the actual website itself before exploring getting these things sorted.

Thanks

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I'd go with someone well known honestly.

I went with JDMAuctionwatch who is well thought of in the South and I know there's a few well respected lads around Belfast.

Once it's landed and you've duty paid, etc registering and MOT is easy.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
JDMDistro import cars too afaik, based in the south too.

Ask over on Driftworks, there's new imported stuff in the members cars section often.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I used jdmauctionwatch when I bought my Jap BMW 540i. All good. I would recommend them.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
OP
sam_9n
Thanks, I’ve spoken to Torque GT briefly today. And will sign up to auction watch this evening too.

Torque GT appeals as I’ll collect it ready to drive, whereas the website I initially posted delivers it to Bristol port then there’s import tax to figure out and then how to drive it before registering etc

amcm1

RMS Regular
Be worth getting in contact with Alan from Import wizards, they're based over here. I've used him myself and couldn't fault him in anyway, very honest and brilliant to deal with.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
I’ve been talking to alan about importing and he seems 100% very helpful and friendly.

Just spent my current money on doors and windows for the house but I do plan to import something potentially soon and I will be using him when I do

moglie

RMS Regular
Alan at Import Wizards without a doubt.

He lives and breathes Jap imports. Lived in Japan for several years so knows the auction houses, the processes and the contacts to help source, inspect and arrange the most efficient & cost effective delivery of your car.

He's a Gentleman and as straight as they come. You won't find better 👍

autodave

RMS Regular
Thanks, I’ve spoken to Torque GT briefly today. And will sign up to auction watch this evening too.

Torque GT appeals as I’ll collect it ready to drive, whereas the website I initially posted delivers it to Bristol port then there’s import tax to figure out and then how to drive it before registering etc

I bought a corolla t sport from them a few years ago. The car itself wasn't a import, just a trade in they took bit the cars in their shop were all spotless. They do seem to actually give a crap about what they source. Nice guys, picked me up from the airport. It's a long drive back to belfast though.