03 Subaru Impreza Sti

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Ive always had an inkling for a Subaru since I first noticed the iconic burble back when Fisher and McKinstry were rallying the Legacy. (Yes i am old, 38 to be exact)
Anyway, as the years went on family additions took me away from anything with a bit of performance towards anything with 7 seats.
Well, until the past couple of years when the interest returned and it was Pete's blue bugeye wrx that had me thinking now was the time to scratch that Subaru itch once and for all.
I had been on to each owner of it as it was passed around RMS like a cheap hooker but in the end a deal wasnt to be done.
Then this popped up on FB last week and caught my total attention. I made a few enquiries to make sure it's history checked then arranged a viewing and that was that.

Its 2003, just serviced, came with 2 keys, a full years MOT and with 86k miles on the clock. Also included was a folder of old Mot's and receipts. Seems very original although havent had a good look to see what its got apart from a few coats of waxoyl and a Prodrive exhaust.
I discovered it was brought over from the UK by GNK in 2015 before it went to Hollybrook who sold it on to the previous owner.
I don't have many plans for it other than a bit of paint on the rear arches as they are starting to blister at the back corners, add a dump valve, change to 18inch alloys and add a front splitter if I can find what I want.
Gave it its first wash today before it goes into storage for a couple of months as my plan was always to enjoy it in the summer. Then I will more than likely sell it and act sensible again. Well that is what my wife is hoping.
Here are a few pics of it from the seller and then finally back home.
received_316131659224391.jpeg
received_2210766689197865.jpeg
received_2178528552396189.jpeg
received_343070776249273.jpeg
20181209_125844.jpg
20181209_125807.jpg

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Looks a nice one. I’m sorry I missed it, but snooze ya lose :p

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
Looks a really nice example that. Not be tempted to just leave it as it is think it looks perfect. (y)

I know what you mean as it looks so original compared to most examples nowadays with diffusers, massive exhausts and vortexs stuck on them.
Anything I do can be reversed but I feel a wheel change is important and I love these cars on Revolutions or Ultralegerras.
iw-1732015212224886_zps4pto8yp4.jpg

gsmith

RMS Regular
To be fair the above looks really nice. Love them wheels on any Impreza look forward to seeing how you get on with it. Front splitter is a must.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
I know what you mean as it looks so original compared to most examples nowadays with diffusers, massive exhausts and vortexs stuck on them.
Anything I do can be reversed but I feel a wheel change is important and I love these cars on Revolutions or Ultralegerras.
View attachment 218099

Can’t beat Revos. I had them on my Widetrack:

7B6EDEF0-819E-4F31-B070-A5DE5C7380BE.jpeg

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
What do you think of the Prodrive exhaust? It was too quiet for me compared to the backbox I replaced (which was too loud : unamused:).

Don't know why I didn't put a front splitter onto mine sooner. Front looks bare in the photos without it. Caught on everything but was worth it.

HTD (y)

32834656291_f95cc280e3_c.jpg

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
What do you think of the Prodrive exhaust? It was too quiet for me compared to the backbox I replaced (which was too loud : unamused:).

Don't know why I didn't put a front splitter onto mine sooner. Front looks bare in the photos without it. Caught on everything but was worth it.

HTD (y)

32834656291_f95cc280e3_c.jpg

Before I viewed it I thought it would be so quiet but it is far from quiet so I may leave it. Need someone else to drive it past me so I can judge it properly. I also need to get it up on a ramp to see if cats are out.

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
you should really not be tucking it away over it winter - its when they are at their most fun....nothing better than a cold winter run scalp in them

That's what Bludgod said too! I'll probably bring it out in February, tax it for 6 months which will cover summer and probably my ownership. Problem is ill have 2 cars and my wife has one so not sure how insurance will work.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Lovely looking car, great to see another scoob on the forum. The prodrive exhaust on mine has no cats and a 3” downpipe and it sou ds perfect, nice deep burble on idle and subtle enough until you give the boot.

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
Car is currently getting a surprisingly very small bit of bubbling at the back corner of each outer rear arch sorted out. Im a fussy git.
Worst picture ever:

20181214_153656.jpg

20181214_152034.jpg

Thought I had gold Revolution Millenium alloys sorted but been warned about something so I am being cautious with my money and holding back at the moment.

Keyring arrived today along with BiltHamber Deox gel that I thought I cancelled. Not sure what to do with it.

20181214_204434.jpg

Starting to think about changing the exhaust as although i think the car looks very original with the Prodrive backbox it seems a bit small the more I look at it in the pic above.