03 Subaru Impreza Sti

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
zafira :-(
Very much this, you're doing really well at getting it ready for me to buy back too later on in the year. Much appreciated.

Come back to me in June/July. Might have done 500 miles by then :joy:

richie_mck

RMS Regular
It would be the revolutions for me out of those two, but if it was me it’s hard to beat the prodrive wrc-1’s. This photos been on my phone a long time.

9E8D57D6-929B-4439-9B61-35547B58C1D4.jpeg

Lovely motor btw (y)

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
How you getting on with this? Enjoying it?

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
How you getting on with this? Enjoying it?

It's still tucked up. Partly because of the crap weather, partly because my current Vw CC is too good to sell just yet and partly because a third car in my drive makes things awkward for room. Hasnt been moved since what feels like November.
Out of storage tomorrow and getting the Turbosmart dv and HT Autos front splitter fitted. I also bought a Ninja exhaust which is going on. Should improve the sound a lot as the Prodrive is nice but quietish.
Rims still not bought. Trying to get a northern VAT number to buy them in the south. Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres bought and waiting.
And then a trip to Mr Simmons to sharpen it up.

So to answer your question the thing has been an ornament since I bought it. But that will change this week :cool: but then be gone by July as I want to change the cc for a daily with more power :sob:

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
So got it back out of storage.
Had it's first wash in almost 5 months. Looking forward to giving it a proper clean and polish soon.
SPhotoEditor-20190430_112220.jpg

Got my HT Autos front splitter on. Sits fairly low to the ground. Hope it copes with high speed bumps around my house. (Yes i will get metro plates to replace the Hollybrook ones. I dont like free advertising.)
SPhotoEditor-20190430_112317.jpg

Finally decided on alloys. Went with what I always wanted. Love them!! Big thanks goes to @Tufty for helping me out. Will get the new Uniroyals on this week and get them on.
SPhotoEditor-20190430_112104.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
So got it back out of storage.
Had it's first wash in almost 5 months. Looking forward to giving it a proper clean and polish soon.
View attachment 234142

Got my HT Autos front splitter on. Sits fairly low to the ground. Hope it copes with high speed bumps around my house. (Yes i will get metro plates to replace the Hollybrook ones. I dont like free advertising.)
View attachment 234143

Finally decided on alloys. Went with what I always wanted. Love them!! Big thanks goes to @Tufty for helping me out. Will get the new Uniroyals on this week and get them on.
View attachment 234144
Hows the paint on the wheels ?

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
Forgo to add a pic of the Ninja 2 exhaust. I liked the OEM of the Prodrive backbox but it seemed small and a bit too quiet. I won't be doing big miles and want to hear it although this one isn't too loud.
20190430_201002.jpg
20190430_204345.jpg

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
No problem at all Mark glad I was able to help out.

Its hard to beat a tidy scooby and that is real tidy the wheels will finish it.

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
Finally got the car taxed and insured today. Absolutely love it.
Got the tyres on and ordered different centre cap badges. Then a bit of Nattys wax and the last of my Megs tyre shine, new order coming @Big Pimp.
Should get these on in the next few days and then a trip to @bludgod will be organised.

20190503_204438.jpg

mpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
RB320
@MarkP Im heading to AP Performance in June to get mine mapped after the rebuild.
Heard nothing but good things, bit of a trek but hopefully should be worth it

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
So another update on the Sti.
Possibly the last for two reasons. 1 being that it is sitting exactly how i always wanted it and 2, i am constantly fighting with myself about letting it go as 3 cars in the driveway is proving a complete nightmare. Every time i take it a spin it puts that notion far from my mind.
Ordered a set of gel wheel centre caps as preferred these to the Revolution badge but still have those sitting new if I change my mind.

20190511_162255.jpg

I have only half polished the car at the moment, yes really, free time and rain followed by a bouncy castle collector stealing my extension lead is holding up doing the other half, but felt it was time to get a few pics up of it on the rims.
AirBrush_20190528210955.jpg
AirBrush_20190528210925.jpg

AirBrush_20190528211055.jpg
AirBrush_20190528211035.jpg
AirBrush_20190528212108.jpg

On coming to these shores with @G N K the car was said to have a map from the reputable Andy Forrest and although it felt a very solid and good car my friend was sure it was underpowered. I knew no difference as i never had an sti before. After removing the recirc valve for the Turbosmart dv it became apparent there was indeed an issue as it wasnt even boosting enough to fire the dump valve!
I had put it down to being told that Hollybrook Sports Cars were possibly asked by the previous owner to remove the map for insurance purposes. So I contacted Hollybrook who confirmed that didn't happen.
After browsing many Subaru group pages on fb I decided to contact the man himself Andy Forrest and was amazed he replied. Andy didn't have details on the car but told me that if my car had his map a battery being disconnected changes his maps into low boost mode and to change it back id have to press the accelerator to the board and then press the demist button twice.
Well let's just say it worked and the car scared the absolute life out of me.
It's running and sounding great and is creating lots of smiles from my young kids who love going to school in it lol.
So for now it stays......

Lee

RMS Regular
That looks lovely! Bet it pins you to the seat now. 330+ bhp I'm sure. I think a set of plain rubber standard size mudflaps would help it no end. And maybe springs :innocent:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
They go like nothing else. Driven ‘faster’ and more powerful cars but they never felt quite as alive as the Impreza.

Proper back road monsters. Always felt like the car was far more capable than me and it just begs to be pushed harder and harder.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That looks absolutely perfect, one thing to add though Hollybrook are full of absolute BS and thats not the 1st lie I've heard of then telling. The car was indeed mapped and had the print out and cert to match.

It also had a dump valve fitted in my ownership.

Glad all is back in order, love it.