05 BMW X5 air compressor

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tommy_c

RMS Regular
Drives
mondeo st tdci
need an air compressor for rear off x5 sitting down at rear won’t raise up. Cheers

dddrrift

RMS Regular
there was one for sale on facebook marketplace a fortnight ago, bangor area

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Always seem to have a snipe at a lot of stuff i post, its a common problem on the e53, I sure if you google it you will find out because no doubt my explaination will be flawed

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Always seem to have a snipe at a lot of stuff i post, its a common problem on the e53, I sure if you google it you will find out because no doubt my explaination will be flawed
Tommy won’t judge or snipe Brian and your reply will be taking on board if he can prevent it happening to the next one he’s having to buy matey

dervsport

RMS Regular

I honestly don't mean to snipe, it's just you seem to offer a lot of technical advice that's way off the mark. You appear to be in the trade so people probably respect what you say it's just a pity it's mostly incorrect.

The compressor in the e53 is under the spare wheel in the boot, I have never seen one fail due to water ingress. The main reason for compressor failure is usually due to leaks in the system causing overheating and excessive wear in the piston.

Last edited:

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Can get repair kits off eBay. Sorted mine out for over a year with no issues. If the compressor head is also worn they can be bought separately and replaced as well.

Range Rovers tend to leak into the spare wheel well, certaintly doesn't help. There was a fair bit of moisture in mine when I took it apart.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.