06 Focus ST wingmirror covers preformace blue

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Long shot I know. But one of mine blew off on the M5 last night. Anyone know of one being scrapped?

garyo

RMS Regular
I'll take a look in the shed this evening mate. I had a few spares between performance blue, gloss black and carbon wrapped attempts, but think I might have got rid of them all along with the car.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Thanks mate! Had some cheap eBay ones in my shed but they fit terrible. Looks so bad with them on to.

garyo

RMS Regular
No joy mate, sorry. I had a bunch of spare bits and pieces, mirror caps, grilles, black xenons etc, but I sent the car on with most of them in the boot so the mirror caps must have went too, sorry about that.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
No joy mate, sorry. I had a bunch of spare bits and pieces, mirror caps, grilles, black xenons etc, but I sent the car on with most of them in the boot so the mirror caps must have went too, sorry about that.

That's no worries mate, would have bought the black xenons off you too. Cheers for looking.

garyo

RMS Regular
That's no worries mate, would have bought the black xenons off you too. Cheers for looking.

Yeah, they're not easy to track down! The ones I had were actually picked up on the cheap, £40 from memory, for spares or repair as the bi-xenon shutter wasn't working on one (even though you could just leave the wee plug disconnected for the shutter anyway) and they had previous attempted repairs and an aftermarket HID kit installed (but were supplied with original bulbs and ballasts as well!)...had to completely strip the light and do a bit of DIY wiring and that. I didn't really fancy selling them to have to explain all that, so just sent everything on to get the car down the road. You ever thought of splitting them and painting them yourself?

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Fair play to you for doing that (y). I wouldn't have the attention span to split them haha. Maybe get some fly-eyes or something along those lines and see what that looks like. As for the wing mirror covers I'll just keep hunting on eBay and see if I can either gloss black or performance blue ones.

garyo

RMS Regular
Aye, it was a nice wee project and would have been easy to get my money back on the ballasts alone if I had ballsed up, so no risk really, haha!

On the mirrors, the gloss (panther) black look well too and might be that bit easier to find being a colour not exclusive to the ST. I had them with gloss black grilles, fog surrounds and the centre parts of the front and rear bumpers. Also, I think (but would need to check again) that models of the C-Max and the Mk6 Fiesta that had the wing mirror indicators have the same covers if that helps broaden your search,.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Just found some panther black ones for 25£ delivered. There of a focus CC but look to be exactly the same as mine. Thanks for all the help mate :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.