06 Porsche Cayman 3.4s

driven

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
Finally getting round to putting some pics up of the Cayman, picked her up on Tuesday after a long train journey from Elgin via Edinburgh and Carlisle to Barrow in Furness. What can I say we'll and truly worth the journey and the journey back Upto the highlands of Scotland was well worth the 10 hours on the train.

Anyway she's a 2006 3.4s in silver with a mere 20000 miles on her, she is tiptronif and has full black interior, fitted with pasm also, she's recently undergone a full rebuild at Hartech as liner 1 had scored so has had all 6 liners and pistons replaced and is still in warranty.

Really cant fault the car and really happy with it so far

Anyway some pics

And the 3 of them together

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Lovely.

You sure it's got PASM, seems to be sitting higher than my old car.

Health to enjoy it. :grinning:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
On a back road in anger they are a fantastic machine, you rarely need to be out of 2nd or 3rd gear. I have no doubt you will have a lot of fun in that! :cool:

driven

RMS Regular
OP
driven
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
indeed always a bit weary in it though atleast the micra i can just throw around the back roads on the 37 mile each way commute

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Lovely car, would look great with the front light covers and side vents painted black.

Does PASM have a button on the bottom of the centre console to stiffen up the suspension, or is that part of the sport chrono kit?

With 250odd lbft of torque just drive it up a gear and enjoy the way it pulls from low revs :grinning:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Lovely motor, health to drive.

The one thing I dont like is the wolfrace style porsche rims. Porsche make some cracking rims so ive no idea what they thought when they made them. Other than that, looks great, some serious contrast in motors haha micra-mondeo-cayman lol.

driven

RMS Regular
OP
driven
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
Cheers guys, yeah I don't understand what Porsche did with the wheels lol, folly forgot to add there's a mk4 astra parked on the road that's ours too, sadly the mondeo is going up for sale to make way for the Porsche so if anyone wants a babyd st220 with low miles pm me

driven

RMS Regular
OP
driven
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
Dunno what's happening wheel wise yet still toying with the idea of swapping the micra for a winter runner as its needing some welding brakes and lights aswell as emissions worked on, the Porsche has only been out once since it came home ordered a touch up pen exhaust and colored center caps and that's about it

driven

RMS Regular
OP
driven
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
Well havent updated this in a while havet really done much to the cayman bar drive it and fit some new center caps a k and n panel filter and some coilovers due to a spring snapping.

A few pics of her have only got the front coileys in so far as soon as the rears are fitted will get more pics

Attachments

• 20140419_174528.jpg
    20140419_174528.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 20140512_101829.jpg
    20140512_101829.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 160

Marc

RMS Moderator
the rears are a ballix to fit, i had to strip out half the cabin plastics to get at the top bolts on mine 8o|

Reactions: IL

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Make sure you get the full geometry setup after fitting coil overs. They are super sensitive to suspension modifications so you'll need to have the caster, camber and toe all reset.

I fitted shocks/springs lowering the 911 30mm and it drove like it was trying to kill me until I had the Geo done.

Stocky

RMS Regular
Did you go for genuine centre caps? Looking for a set myself if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks