08 FD2 Type R

Taipuaru

RMS Regular
OP
Taipuaru
Drives
FD2 Type R
That's annoying but doesn't look too bad in the picture. Could have been much worse! Sounds like a good save.
Yes, as they had children in the back, too.
Just wish they had owned up to their mistake.
Will insurance get involved if there was no impact with the other car itself?
Woman on the phone said 100%, since it was their fault that my car was damaged, and I have cctv footage to prove it.

Taipuaru

RMS Regular
OP
Taipuaru
Drives
FD2 Type R
First read of thread
Love these
Hopefully you get wheels sorted
Thanks!
OCD demands to change the whole lot now so it’ll be the wheel (which looks like I’ll have to import from Japan), and likely the control arm and the other steering bits.

…which I already did a couple of months ago as part of a refresh. First proper drive after winter, too. Makes it even more annoying.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Thanks!
OCD demands to change the whole lot now so it’ll be the wheel (which looks like I’ll have to import from Japan), and likely the control arm and the other steering bits.

…which I already did a couple of months ago as part of a refresh. First proper drive after winter, too. Makes it even more annoying.
Frustrating buddy especially after replacing things and trying to keep wheels etc oem
Hate taking my nice stuff out incase something happens
Remember first and only time I took mk2 rs focus out some t**t pulled out in front of me as they hadn’t looked, thankfully nothing coming other way and got stopped in other lane , I bounced out of car to express my displeasure and only thing stopped me going further was partners daughter screaming at me , after lunch it got took to storage and hasn’t been out in 3 years

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I know how much it sucks when someone pulls out in front of you. Caused £8500 of damage on my 260Z. At least this is minor and sounds like it will be sorted with the other persons insurance, glad you were able to fin video evidence.

I missed it the last time I was on here but I see you had EE9s? Not many around now, I never managed to let my first one go, I still love it.

Taipuaru

RMS Regular
OP
Taipuaru
Drives
FD2 Type R
Frustrating buddy especially after replacing things and trying to keep wheels etc oem
Hate taking my nice stuff out incase something happens
Remember first and only time I took mk2 rs focus out some t**t pulled out in front of me as they hadn’t looked, thankfully nothing coming other way and got stopped in other lane , I bounced out of car to express my displeasure and only thing stopped me going further was partners daughter screaming at me , after lunch it got took to storage and hasn’t been out in 3 years
True, stuff like this never happens when I'm out in our 10 year old Passat!

Taipuaru

RMS Regular
OP
Taipuaru
Drives
FD2 Type R
I know how much it sucks when someone pulls out in front of you. Caused £8500 of damage on my 260Z. At least this is minor and sounds like it will be sorted with the other persons insurance, glad you were able to fin video evidence.

I missed it the last time I was on here but I see you had EE9s? Not many around now, I never managed to let my first one go, I still love it.
Hurts even more the more in rare cars, always ends up being expensive! I cancelled the claim via my insurance and contacted one of the NI accident claim management companies. Guy was brilliant, sorted out a hire car on Sunday, picked up the FD to get it checked over, and their solicitor is on the case now.

Yes had a white EE9 a couple of years ago when they were still affordable. Absolutely loved it and spent over £10k on a full refresh & OEM+ look. Would've been my forever car. Then some drunk driver wrote it off and nearly killed me in the process. Don't seem to have much luck with white Hondas!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Hurts even more the more in rare cars, always ends up being expensive!
Thats for sure.

I cancelled the claim via my insurance and contacted one of the NI accident claim management companies.
They did a great job for me also. Managed to get £8500 for repairs which pretty much covered it, all costs covered by the other side, would have been a lot to fork out myself otherwise.

Yes had a white EE9 a couple of years ago when they were still affordable. Absolutely loved it and spent over £10k on a full refresh & OEM+ look. Would've been my forever car. Then some drunk driver wrote it off and nearly killed me in the process. Don't seem to have much luck with white Hondas!
Thats a crap way to end it.

Never mind the price now, they are near impossible to find a good one for sale. Been asked to sell mine many times, but never felt the need to part with it, even after 14 years.