08 mk5 Golf Ipod Dock

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
The wife has an mk5 golf with an ipod dock in the armrest, anyone any ideas what ipod works with it or how it works?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Any iPod that uses the old, wide, 30-pin base will work...

I have my iPod classic in it, the wife has a nano (3rd gen, i think) and it works fine too.

Reactions: crx

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
Any iPod that uses the old, wide, 30-pin base will work...

I have my iPod classic in it, the wife has a nano (3rd gen, i think) and it works fine too.
Does it charge it?

Thanks

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
I've tried ipod classics in it and can't get nothing to work.

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
Select cd6 and see
No joy it only my comes up no cdc when hitting the button, starting to think it's been disconnected at some point or is fooked.
20200209_154942.jpg
20200209_154951.jpg

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
"No CDC" leads me to believe it's not coded in.

Possible that the armrest was fitted at a later date and might not even be wired in?

If you're in ever in Belfast, I can enable it on VCDS to see if it'll work!

Reactions: crx

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
"No CDC" leads me to believe it's not coded in.

Possible that the armrest was fitted at a later date and might not even be wired in?

If you're in ever in Belfast, I can enable it on VCDS to see if it'll work!
Thanks Stephen, i might take you up on that offer... Thinking it might have been disconnected when the parrot kit was fitted years ago.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
depending on the patch cable that was used for the parrot, that's definitely possible.

my mk5 has a Bury kit in it, from what I noticed it was a fully populated adapter though

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Mine still works along with a CK3000 Parrot.

I'm guessing the iPod dock is plugged into the CD Changer slot, and as such shouldn't be affected with the addition of a SOT Lead. Someone maybe just hasn't plugged it back in, after the removal of radio.

@crx does it light up with a VW badge when plugged in, or even charge? I just remembered my screen goes white with, i think, a blue VW logo.

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
Mine still works along with a CK3000 Parrot.

I'm guessing the iPod dock is plugged into the CD Changer slot, and as such shouldn't be affected with the addition of a SOT Lead. Someone maybe just hasn't plugged it back in, after the removal of radio.

@crx does it light up with a VW badge when plugged in, or even charge? I just remembered my screen goes white with, i think, a blue VW logo.
Nothing whatsoever.