1.6 on tax book so cheap insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
i was parked up one night and was approched by an officer who was obv onto all this kind of thing.. (i had a glanza turbo at the time) he asked for the tax book which i told him i didnt carry...he then asked what engine was in the car and when i told him it was a 1.3 turbo his response was (its not registered as that with the dvlni) i proceeded to tell him it was insured as a turbo to which he was ok with but made no mention of changing the tax book... dunno where the land lies there but i can say this there not stupid and know the backdoors people are taking to drive such motors...

I don't really understand the whole Starlet/Glanza turbo thing. I haven't seen on any tax boox legit or not where it states the engine is turbocharged, it only gives the cc so technically there is nothing wrong there.

Yes it maybe should have "Turbo" as the model type, but even new cars registered with the dealers don't have the correct model type in the book!

pablo

RMS Moderator
I don't really understand the whole Starlet/Glanza turbo thing. I haven't seen on any tax boox legit or not where it states the engine is turbocharged, it only gives the cc so technically there is nothing wrong there.

Yes it maybe should have "Turbo" as the model type, but even new cars registered with the dealers don't have the correct model type in the book!

I believe it was people insuring jap starlets as uk 1.3 NAs as there was no listing for UK 1.3turbo.

JH86

RMS Regular
Done this me whole life

Insurance is a scam anyway nothing but con artists

Yes if I kill a family and my insurance walks away then ill be up **** creek

Had a genuine accident in my genuinely insured a4 in to an R line golf the the speel of **** isint worth it would of been handier to take the 6 points and fine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.