1.8 tdci problems

vtrman

RMS Regular
Drives
325ci m sport
Having some issues with our 1.8tdci ford c max , when the car gets up to temperature there is a strong vibration through the car at idle , it drives perfectly with plenty of power , no black smoke on acceleration etc , the egr is blanked , clutch and Dmf have been changed in the last few thousand miles , the vibration stays when the clutch pedal is pressed , no vibration at all when engine is cold , any ideas ?

vtrman

RMS Regular
OP
vtrman
Drives
325ci m sport
Hard to video it but this is the engine at idle when warm

Last edited:

vtrman

RMS Regular
OP
vtrman
Drives
325ci m sport
Do you think a worn engine mount would only cause it when the engine is warm? It idles perfect when the engine is cold

vtrman

RMS Regular
OP
vtrman
Drives
325ci m sport
Yes probably does idle slightly faster when cold , should have also mentioned , hot idle smooths out with a very light rev

vtrman

RMS Regular
OP
vtrman
Drives
325ci m sport
Had a few spare minutes to look around this this evening, I've attached a photo of the drivers side engine mount , safe to say it's shot ! However has anyone ever known a worn engine mount to cause this vibration only once the engine has warmed up ?

Attachments

• IMG_6537.JPG
    IMG_6537.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 128

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Had a few spare minutes to look around this this evening, I've attached a photo of the drivers side engine mount , safe to say it's shot ! However has anyone ever known a worn engine mount to cause this vibration only once the engine has warmed up ?
Guessing if it's an oil filled mount, maybe the oil warms a bit or becomes thinner as it's been vibrating for a while, so it's becomes more slack when warmer.
That's a guess....It's late and I could be talking sh1te.

vtrman

RMS Regular
OP
vtrman
Drives
325ci m sport
Still living with this problem, had 3 mechanics look at it and none of them can find the problem , no codes stored .
The only other thing I've noticed is if the cars been sitting for a few days it may not start first time and when it does start there is a puff of whiteish smoke !
It drives perfect in every other way , plenty of power , no excessive black smoke when accelerating, mpg is fine
any ideas?