1275 Cooper *autolifers feature* and exhaust

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
left car of at bodyshop to weeks ago originally car just needed a scuttle but later turned out to be much more with few areas of shell rotten but repairable
bought it like this
4995704543a9353718567l.jpg

2 years later looked like this
DSC00498.jpg

so as you can see not a wile difference except for seats and centre spot lamps
few pics so far
rust2scuttle.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

majority of work being carried out by dessie moore who a top class body man il throw a few more pics as progress comences all coments welcome. ive got big plansfor the car so this should be a intresting experience

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Looks ace, we had a 1994 1275cc Mini 35 loved that little car

TF steering wheel is a nice touch (y)

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
the steering wheel the original one that came on the car possibly getting the cream bits on it retrimed in futuer or replace with a differnt one but got quite a way to go before i get to that satge lol

Gavlar

RMS Regular
If your getting rid of the steering wheel in future give me a shout (y)

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
will do lad. is it not a similar steering wheel to the one's on the mg's

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Its slightly smaller and round the top has those two bulges, my ZR has a standard wheel no bulges, and no leather on it either :worried:

Near sure the F, TF, and Minis with those wheels were all the same, gotta research now lol

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
lol i think they slightly smaller mate got a mate with a mg and his looks bigger than the mini one

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Some work ahead of you, best advice I would give you is stuff it to the gills with waxoyl when its done lol mine has lasted 10years since it was done but needs it again lol

If your trimming your arches for 13's I have the original rover sportspack template :grinning:

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
thanks for the offer pete the fella used the old wings to fit arches and make a template for the new wings so all good their and yeah when she resparyed gona get it waxed really well should be ready or paint in a few weaks resparyin the hole car bar the inside.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
good work so far, i currently have a wee 93 black mini at the bodyshop getting a lot of work, new heritage front, door skins, sills etc. must stick some pics up on here of it (y)

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
aye go for it lad pritty much same as i need minus sills

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
small update this week engines now out ready for a tidy up and lick of paint and all panels minus the grill panel arrived cause they sent the wrong one lol
DSC00623.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

scuttle also removed ready for new one and the small lip still their runing around windscreen which we were expecting to be gone due to the rot and top dash rail was found to have a few hidden rust patches so just got a new one
DSC00624.jpg

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Make sure you use a heritage scuttle panel

If you use a spurious one the problem will come back within the year

Serious amount of later models needing scuttle and windscreen surrounds needed these days.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
goo job so far, brooklands in dunmurry is where i got my heritage panels for my mini project, some are expensive but worth it in the long run and far better fit than aftermarket panels, keep up good work

chrisQ

RMS Regular
oh rite, just as well i wasnt slabbering then lol, yea shes been helpful every time iv been up, was actually on phone today again pricing parts which she has ordered, (y)

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
She is too nice a person for anyone to slabber about anyway :p

Always goes out of her way to ensure she can get someone the right parts.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
yeah everything heritage panels was gona get a non genuine bonnet and apanels but theirs a while waiting list for them and got a non genuine scuttle before i had to get a genuine one because i was laughed at when i gave the body man the panel lol

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
dont think ive uploaded a few of these photo's yet but here's a few parts i have for the car and theirs plenty to come in the next few months lol
DSC00609.jpg

carbon fiber style dash
DSC00601.jpg

clear side indicator's steal from ebay at 99p lol
DSC00335.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

with nice 2.5inch dish

also have black lether gear gaiter and new reverse lamp which is considerbly smaller than the last brick tah used to sit below the back bumper
still to come
. hi-lo's adjustable suspension
.twin exit exaust with decat
.new wavy grill
.clear lenses for rear lights
.all new cooper decals last ones destroyed removing them:worried:
. custom show cage

peter__89

RMS Regular
Drives
mk5 golf
your finally doing sumthing to this now then jayme. about time.lol.
look like you have a lota work ahead.
you have to come up to enniskillen in it when its done.
seenin use havnt been up in a while.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
aye deff pete well'l be up soon again and il have the mini up as soon as she finished which will be someday lol

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
small update until i get pictures up. all body work has been welded and complete now just being rubbed down for spraying:grinning: dessie got all the nuts and bolts that came out of her from the strip done dipped so they all look nice and shiny sprayed all engine brackets and things like that black and the front subframe,looks class and put a new clutch in which i wasnt expecting i would need lol il put pics up as soon as i get them uploaded

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.