12v Car Vacuum Suggestions

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Quite sure I don’t need one but I’m feeling suggestible after seeing one plugged on YouTube.

So does anyone rock a 12v portable vac for the car? Cheap and cheerful but not complete dung, some sort of svelte bag to hold its gubbins would be a bonus. Will the “garage” Henry get jealous?

Recommendations much appreciated.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I have a small Black and Decker cordless vac for small jobs, but it isnt 12v.

I guess it wouldnt be too hard to rig it to charge off 12v though. Actual vac is 18v. No bag, just a swirly plastic chamber and filter. Although access for the nozzle probably wouldnt be great for all car areas. Something with a remote hose and attachments may be better suited.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I have a small Black and Decker cordless vac for small jobs, but it isnt 12v.

I guess it wouldnt be too hard to rig it to charge off 12v though. Actual vac is 18v. No bag, just a swirly plastic chamber and filter. Although access for the nozzle probably wouldnt be great for all car areas. Something with a remote hose and attachments may be better suited.
Rechargeable be perfect also. Yes a crevice attachment is a must. I’m too fond of the odd Jambon.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I’ve tried quite a few of the hand helds around cars and not been happy with any, best Hoover for a car is Henry with the brush attachment and crevice tool imo

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
This is clearly why I don’t have a portable vac.

Thanks folks, think we can knock this on the head as a bad idea. Like car dryers and the two bucket method.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
12v is useless

12v is powerful enough to start a car.......the voltage alone isnt the issue. Just that most sold at 12v...will just be cheap crap.

This is the B&D I have just for quick/handy use. It's ok, battery doesnt last an awful long time but it was relatively cheap.

If you have a range of cordless power tools, some of them offer cordless vacs to suit their batteries ? Not the cheapest of course.

Look what even only 24v can do...