Audi A4 Avant

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Well after 2.5 years of owning the Civic VTi-S, it passed its MOT last Friday and was sold that night, so I had this lined up to pick up on Saturday morning.
Showing my age here, but with baby number 2 weeks away its time to step away from noisey exhausts and concentrate a bit more on comfort. The space inside will come in very handy too.
I was originally looking for a Passat Sport Estate TDi but they where a little out of my price range and had pretty big mileage. So I saw this and had to go and have a look at it.
Its a 2002 Avant Sport and it really has been kept very well indeed and has a full history from new. Its has the 130bhp 2.0 20v engine so its not going to set the road alight but speed it not what I bought it for.

Pics are from the sellers drive so I will get some better ones when I get a chance to give her a coat of polish. The interior has had a valet since the pics too.

Comments good and bad welcome.
Cheers
Steve

audi3.jpg

audi2.jpg

audi1.jpg

interior.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice indeed, looks like a good example. Is that leather too? Hard to tell from the photo.

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Cheers for the comments all.

Inkey, unfortunately not a quattro, im pretty sure lyons is correct there.

Lyons, no not leather, they are the sport seats with electric lumbar which is a nice touch.

Im loving the Audi Concert system in it too, it has a factory fitted amp and sub in one of the boot compartments. The quality is great.

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Not a massive update, but I did get set of pressed plates and surrounds and black rear Audi badge.

I have to get a new front splitter too as the previous owner had hit a pheasant at 80mph lol. £48 from Audi which I thought was suprising cheap for an Audi part. Rear wiper squirter is clogged and I catn unblock it so I might just remove the wiper completely, not sure yet.

Good cleaning too.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a4.jpg

a3.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Looks very smart. lovely colour and looks in great condition. You'd almost think it had been lowered from that side view. Not much arch gap for oem.

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Thanks Andy. A few people has asked me if its been lowered, but as far as im aware its just the standard Audi sport suspension which is a bit lower than standard. I must get a closer look at the springs in it while checking it for MOT this month.

c11ris

RMS Regular
Drives
MK5GTI/MK2GTI
Really nice car that.. I have been thinking about getting something like this.

How thirsty is it with it being petrol?

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Not too bad actually, I get around 30ish and 35+ on a longer run. Though I wouldnt actually buy the 20v if buying again as its a little underpowered with 130bhp. The 2.0 16v has 150 which im sure would be a bit better. Or better still the 1.8 turbo has 190 and would probably return the same mpg

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Nice big bus. Health to drive

Looks very smart. lovely colour and looks in great condition. You'd almost think it had been lowered from that side view. Not much arch gap for oem.

I thought exactly the same from the side view. Had to re-read through your posts again looking for the part where you said you'd replaced the springs lol

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Toying with the idea of a cupra r splitter when I get the new part on, but dont want it to look tacky.

Stocky

RMS Regular
Looking good

If you want to remove the rear wiper I have a new glass bung I can sell you.

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
I have some gloss black rubber ones here but if they look pants i'll let you know cheers

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Again, no real updates, but spent 3 hours on Sunday giving it a super clean. Clay, polish and wax. Thinking of selling up but not sure what to do yet, I would really like an Accord type r or a Mondeo ST220. But something quicker anyway..
Pics...

25aug4.jpg

25aug3.jpg

25aug2.jpg

25aug1.jpg

25aug5.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, afraid not. I wouldnt be keen on the 2.0 :worried:.

Looks really well though (y).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.