My Stripey Miata

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
Drives
Eunos Roadster
Well, it's not really a Miata but I think the name is cooler than MX5 and I have a KG Works Miata Brake Light cover on the back of it.

This car and I have a lot of history together, bought it in 1997 and had it ever since. Got married in it, did a lap of Ireland in it, did the Isle Of Man TT Course in it, went to the Nurburgring and back in it and more recently have been annoying people by parking it in Tesco's Parent & Baby parking, quite legitimately I may add. As well as teh exciting stuff, it was a daily driver for about 8 years and racked up 100000 miles.

It hasn't turned a wheel in 2 years, but I think this year I'll get her going again.

DSCF3291.jpg

DSCF3376.jpg

The old fella at the 'Ring

Garage at http://www.reallymeansounds.com/garage/car.php?user=3168&garageid=5403

Jonathan

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
them pictures taking at cultra hillclimb?? these popping up everywhere now lol You going to cultra this year think i might hold on to the caterham to do it and then shes up the road :grinning: looks well (y) you much done to her??

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Hi Jonathan,

I remember this MX5 in the hillclimb circuit from years ago, good to see you still have it.. has it still got its teeth in the grill?

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
OP
TAZ6416
Drives
Eunos Roadster
I think they are from Cultra in 2005, I havn't raced since 2006. Hope to be at Cultra this year, but only as a spectator. Next year, who knows.

The car is pretty standard apart from Mazdaspeed suspension, the cage and 15" OZ Alloys. And the stripes and teeth :grinning:

Teeth are still on it, and you can still buy them at http://www.autoxpressions.com/ There are 6 different types.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Get her ready for cultra and we can have a blast :laughing:

love this car and inspired me with mine :laughing:

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Nutts Corner was good craic back in the day ....you have to get this back on the road again soon. I take it she is as still tappety as ever?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I had a foam filter directly mounted on the throttle body with a cold air feed going to it

Ofter I sold it (and never got paid) Im sure some w*nky mods were done

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
OP
TAZ6416
Drives
Eunos Roadster
Dunno Daz, I havn't stuck oil in it for about 3 years so assume she's as tappity as ever

Pete, that's not Muppet Club you eiijet, that's Kirkistown, actually I have a funny feeling I took that picture, am I right?

Was it some Yank that bought the car and ripped you off or is my old mind playing tricks?

Brought the kids down last night and opened the garage door for the first time in 6 months, pleased to report the old fella is still there, it was the first time my daughter had ever seen it and she loved it.

533343_10150743165266418_542321417_11580993_292912495_n.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.