14 days for a NIP?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BJ

Banned
Anyone know if this applies over here?
I've read about the 14 day rule on Mainland British forums and could do with knowing if it is the same here!:worried:

Nothing serious but had 85 on the clock on the M2 2 weeks ago today,probably only about 79MPH real speed *if* I was nabbed (fully stickered up people carrier thingy on a bridge) but hard to know how anal the cops are.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
mst times they seem to just be traffic monitoring on the Fortwilliam Bridge...dunno about the other bridges tho.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Association of chief police officers guidelines suggest that the cop does not have to prosecute for less than 79 mph in a 70. With a bit of speedo error you might be alright even if it was an active camera.
Most cars seem to have about 4 mph error at 40 , don't know whether this is a static error or multiplies with speed.

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
I thought that too, and they had to stop you within a certain time too, so floor it next time! :laughing:

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
they only have to stop u if its only the gun & their not able to take a lovely 6x4 full colour print of u to recieve & show the missus :laughing::p

BJ

Banned
OP
BJ
pablo said:
dont the bridge cops have to follow you and pull you over? I know the did to me on the m2

That's what I thought too but I've not been done by gun/scamera in 5 years so wasn't sure!:cool:

BJ

Banned
OP
BJ
BurntCarcus said:
I thought that too, and they had to stop you within a certain time too, so floor it next time! :laughing:

Oh I know that,must be 6 years now since I saw the bright yellow jacket running from a hedge with hairdrier in hand! 120 at night with the lights off is quite a thrill!(y)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
They dont have to chase u but u have to be notified within 14 days of the offence or technically u can get outta it...

hendy18s

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 Golf
BJ said:
Oh I know that,must be 6 years now since I saw the bright yellow jacket running from a hedge with hairdrier in hand! 120 at night with the lights off is quite a thrill!(y)

mad man!!!

Ive done a ton up the larne line with no lights on, but only for 10 secoinds!:p !!

Porter

RMS Regular
i didnt think they had a time limit - i always thought it was a myth that 2 weeks was the time frame.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
on a similar theme, was there a speeding camera on the shore road today or was it one of the tax cameras? I just seen the back of the van opened up and a sign in front of it but failed to register to slow down in time!

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
BurntCarcus said:
LMAO twice now i've done that. first time i turned out onto the carriageway just before lisnasharragh, just past 60 when i noticed them, see ya later plod!

second time coming of carriageway onto top of cregagh, some nice momentum from the corner (speed? not telling) plod getting into his car, had a double-take, was laughing my fooking head off watching him fumbling with his door in the rear mirror, again .....smell ya later!

Mr 106

RMS Regular
big cyril said:
Association of chief police officers guidelines suggest that the cop does not have to prosecute for less than 79 mph in a 70. With a bit of speedo error you might be alright even if it was an active camera.
Most cars seem to have about 4 mph error at 40 , don't know whether this is a static error or multiplies with speed.
error is proportional to speed for most cars.

last time i checked (which was quite a while ago) NIP only applied to the mainland. you may be screwed at their time of choosing over here.

westy

Drives
306 HDi
Most of them here will pull you in. The NIP is then handed to you at the roadside by the police officer. A posted one is normally only for when you are caught by a fixed camera or one operating out of a van where they sit on their arses and snipe as many people as possible without having to move very much

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.