New motor - Focus ST3

• Thread starter Deleted member 13907
  • Start date
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deleted member 13907

D
As I'm doing a few less miles now I decided it was time to ditch the diesel and go for something a bit more fun, so I picked this up last night...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380353143.872976.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380353161.954416.jpg

Just a few pics as she sat where I bought her.
Loved every minute driving it down the road. Was surprised by how smooth and refined she was when driving normally and how easy it was to have the mpg creeping up to 32+ And just never got tired of sending it back down again.

Don't plan to go over the top with a lot of mods as I love it as it is (for now) but investing in some new rubber for the front today as the cheapo tyres on the front can't take the power - on a greasy road during the test drive they were spinning well up the gears. Planning to go for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's as they get a good review on the st owners club and a few tyre review sites.

After that then the cleaning will begin. Love cleaning cars but haven't had one worth cleaning in a few years so really looking forward to getting her shone up. Maybe a wee trip to Colin Adams Motorsport for some auto finesse - like the look of it.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Very jealous, have wanted one for years, and im finally getting to the point where i am in a position to realistic buy one. Looks great, and if i can, ill be getting a st3 as well. Good luck with it.

Deleted member 13907

OP
D
New shoes...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380366924.818883.jpg

Went for the Goodyears - £125/corner.
Obviously they need run in bit even rabid new I can feel the difference. Boys checked all the pressures and things too so everything is as it should be basically.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
New shoes...View attachment 46943
Went for the Goodyears - £125/corner.
Obviously they need run in bit even rabid new I can feel the difference. Boys checked all the pressures and things too so everything is as it should be basically.

Good tyres. Just recently put Eagle Assymetrics on my car and I am very impressed. :grinning:

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Looks good, spotted this myself for sale for a while there, was pretty cheap too!
Didn't it have a remap or something?

Edit oops, wrong car lol! This has stripes!

Last edited:

Deleted member 13907

OP
D
No map on this one as far as I know. Think I know the one you mean. Yeah this one was a decent enough price

Deleted member 13907

OP
D
I would have been keen on a red one...but I do like the blue. Went out earlier on and the sun was hitting it and it looked class. Will look better when I have it properly cleaned.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Loved every minute of mine. That 32 mpg wont last long.lol. If you go for any tuning etc dreamscience map and an intercooler makes so much difference to them very easy to tune. All the best with it :grinning:

Deleted member 13907

OP
D
Loved every minute of mine. That 32 mpg wont last long.lol. If you go for any tuning etc dreamscience map and an intercooler makes so much difference to them very easy to tune. All the best with it :grinning:
Yours was class! Real inspiration. Loved how tidy your engine bay was.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Yours was class! Real inspiration. Loved how tidy your engine bay was.
Thanks pal if you need any help with it give me a shout I had every common fault go on mine but I still loved every minute of owning it . Il be back in the 2.5 in a few years just need the RS to come down in price another few thousand pound.lol

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Thanks pal if you need any help with it give me a shout I had every common fault go on mine but I still loved every minute of owning it . Il be back in the 2.5 in a few years just need the RS to come down in price another few thousand pound.lol

enlighten me on the common fault mr ?

gsmith

RMS Regular
Abs unit electronic part went them the main unit total cost around £500-£600 luckily I had no fitting cost to pay. Drivers driveshaft. Oil filter housing. There's a few sensors give hassle on them map sensor etc and bodywork quarter panels starting to bubble with rust. And not forgetting the other common fault stopping a the petrol station. Lol. In parts and servicing I've receipts all from Lindsay's for the parts and service items they never gotnear the car was all done myself off near £1500. In 18 months and spent £1400 on the bodywork but il tell you one thing was worth every penny there the best hot hatch out forget gti golf 225 meganes vxr astra even though I now have one nothing comes close to the st and when you tune them forget standard subarus evo any of that other jap scrap there simply the best hot hatch and every one should own one. Simples. :grinning:

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Abs unit electronic part went them the main unit total cost around £500-£600 luckily I had no fitting cost to pay. Drivers driveshaft. Oil filter housing. There's a few sensors give hassle on them map sensor etc and bodywork quarter panels starting to bubble with rust. And not forgetting the other common fault stopping a the petrol station. Lol. In parts and servicing I've receipts all from Lindsay's for the parts and service items they never gotnear the car was all done myself off near £1500. In 18 months and spent £1400 on the bodywork but il tell you one thing was worth every penny there the best hot hatch out forget gti golf 225 meganes vxr astra even though I now have one nothing comes close to the st and when you tune them forget standard subarus evo any of that other jap scrap there simply the best hot hatch and every one should own one. Simples. :grinning:

not fussed on them then are you :p still on my to do list :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.