2009 Mercedes Benz E350 CDI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I thought id fire up a thread on my dads new motor. Had a thread up a while ago trying to get some advice on what car he should look at after selling the Range Rover.

We had a 520D BMW lined up until I spotted this in Agnew's in Belfast. After a run up and test drive the deal was done, which was a very good one. :grinning:

Its a late 2009 E350 CDI (3.0 V6) with 40,000 miles on the clock. Full AMG Sport bodykit and performance pack. Finished in Ivory White metallic.

Has every extra available at the time bar a sunroof.

Car incredible and loves to eat up the miles. Sounds awesome for a diesel aswel, with great performance.

Heres some snaps after I washed it for him the other weekend.

Chris

8vmk2

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172 CUP
Beautiful car, have to agree a nice plate would finish it.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Lovely motor. Need a run in it !

A nice 2-3 digit NI plate would set it off.

Ill bring it up some night this week mate. Hes getting himself a registration in the next couple of months. Wants something with his initials. With that in mind ive spotted V6 EML and R6 EML. Will see how it pans out though. Metro plates will do for now. :grinning:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That's some motor...love them. Out of curiosity, what's one to look out for if buying?

Full history and really that's about it. From what I read online they are super reliable and don't seem to have any negatives. Only thing people mentioned is running costs, but you don't buy a car like this if you're concerned about servicing charges, which aren't that bad. MPG and Tax charges are great also.

Gemma

RMS Regular
Beautiful! I was handed one of these as a courtesy car in 2010 (not quite your spec lol) and i didn't wanna hand it back lol :worried:

Health to enjoy :grinning:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thanks for the comments guys!

Ive managed to talk him into, not only a cherished reg, but also spacers, so I was thinking 10mm all round or else 10mm rear and 5mm front.

Open to suggestions however.

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Excellent big car Chris! Looks very fresh. Parents have a cab with the same engine. They don't sound bad for a diesel and great place to be inside- nippy enough too as you say. He actually brought it in today so took a cheeky shot:

All they really need is some spacers so glad to see your dad is up for that! Enjoy!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Excellent big car Chris! Looks very fresh. Parents have a cab with the same engine. They don't sound bad for a diesel and great place to be inside- nippy enough too as you say. He actually brought it in today so took a cheeky shot:

All they really need is some spacers so glad to see your dad is up for that! Enjoy!

Hes only up for it dude as Ive pestered him about them from day one as hes not keen on remapping etc. lol

Lovely car your folks have Brian, love the wheels, what are they?

Great sound for a derv, you can really hear the V6 grumble.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Tell him he needs remap for mpg purposes !!! :p

Already tried that one ... swiftly met with catch yourself on. Plus theres no one over here id let map it.

warren

RMS Photographer
Stunning machine Chris. Love the white, will be a nightmare to keep it clean this time of year!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Stunning machine Chris. Love the white, will be a nightmare to keep it clean this time of year!

Thanks Warren. Hes left the cleaning to me, but I actually don't mind, lovely car to work on and then get a sneaky drive in :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.