Evo VIII GSR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo VIII
Well the 180sx was collected on Saturday and while it was sailing for England I was already on my way to view this, after a look about and a drive in it I decided I had to have it. I've always wanted an Evo, one of my all time favourite cars so I jumped at the chance to own one (y)

Completly standard GSR with a sh*tty spoiler (n), really impressed with how the car effortlessly picks up speed and handles and it's alot more refined than the S bodies i've owned for the past few years. Had a good drive back on the country roads from Newry today and fell in love.

First on the agenda is a good service and once over from Jonny of AI, it's not due a service yet but i'd be happier knowing everything was fresh at the start of my ownership (y). Then gonna sort the spoiler for a genuine Evo 9 (if funds allow) or at least a proper Evo spoiler. Then the usual things like a splitter and maybe Tein springs

Thanks for looking :grinning:

1238978_10201616915964784_1410671202_n.jpg

1800315_10201616914724753_1406619882_n.jpg

The hideous spoiler :worried:
1800460_10201616916924808_1741276578_n.jpg

1901864_10201616916524798_498152128_n.jpg

1912087_10201616917564824_200953503_n.jpg

1972421_10201616915324768_758128250_n.jpg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Very nice, looks great apart from the aircraft wing on the back, but I see your planning to change that anyway. What hp are these standard? Good luck with it (y)

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
Very nice, looks great apart from the aircraft wing on the back, but I see your planning to change that anyway. What hp are these standard? Good luck with it (y)

Yeah i'm not sure what whoever put the wing on was thinking +o(

260 so it's a "baby" compared to the rest of the Evos but a few choice mods and a map should see a good 300 but tbh it's rapid for what it is, good bit more torque than the SR20s. Thanks mate (y)

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Very nice, concur with all your plans. The 8 always looks a bit soft around the front but the splitter will sort that right out!

Health to drive!

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
Very nice, concur with all your plans. The 8 always looks a bit soft around the front but the splitter will sort that right out!

Health to drive!

Yeah i'd agree with you there, seems like they're lacking something without a splitter

Thanks man :grinning:

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
used to own an 8 gsr 260, but done the following upgrades
hks exhaust system (full system) ... the car is @260 due to the very restrictive cat up near the manifold section
any mods power wise make sure you uprate the engine bolts (ARP)
i sourced/used the official mitsy upgrade ecu for the car rather than a map - too many horror stories re maps and could not justify cost of autronics. so thought ralliart was the best compromise
electronic boost controller
hks super suction kit
car was braking close to 400 with just these bits
never had any issues in 4yrs and still retained original factory clutch with near 60k on clock!
car is still knocking about

best of luck with it, you will enjoy and you bought the best colour. car looks sweet other than the spoiler its shocking ... so glad your replacing :grinning:

Yeah i'm not sure what whoever put the wing on was thinking +o(

260 so it's a "baby" compared to the rest of the Evos but a few choice mods and a map should see a good 300 but tbh it's rapid for what it is, good bit more torque than the SR20s. Thanks mate (y)

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
looks good like them myself
you weren't heading into ards from comber this afternoon around half 5??

Yeah dude that woulda been me :grinning:

used to own an 8 gsr 260, but done the following upgrades
hks exhaust system (full system) ... the car is @260 due to the very restrictive cat up near the manifold section
any mods power wise make sure you uprate the engine bolts (ARP)
i sourced/used the official mitsy upgrade ecu for the car rather than a map - too many horror stories re maps and could not justify cost of autronics. so thought ralliart was the best compromise
electronic boost controller
hks super suction kit
car was braking close to 400 with just these bits
never had any issues in 4yrs and still retained original factory clutch with near 60k on clock!
car is still knocking about

best of luck with it, you will enjoy and you bought the best colour. car looks sweet other than the spoiler its shocking ... so glad your replacing :grinning:

Cheers for the help! Appreciate it :laughing:
Is that a ralliart ECU then?

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Lovely. Always admired Evo xiii. Health to enjoy it....and deep pockets to fuel it ;). Enjoy.

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
Lovely. Always admired Evo xiii. Health to enjoy it....and deep pockets to fuel it ;). Enjoy.

Actually wasn't too hard on the juice on the way back from Newry, quarter of a tank on all back roads and the occasional blast :grinning: tiny fuel tanks makes it seem like they use more I think

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Ha ha, yes, you'll probably need a mobile fuelling truck in tow every where you go. Still, lovely looking machine and so much potential. What's the tax on these motors, £400+?

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
Ha ha, yes, you'll probably need a mobile fuelling truck in tow every where you go. Still, lovely looking machine and so much potential. What's the tax on these motors, £400+?

Already purchased a jerry can today in anticipation haha. £280 mate, maybe that's just for the 260 though not sure

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Ah, that's not too bad. Thought it would have been higher. Ah well, just drive it and enjoy it then.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
WOW on that spoiler. Good that a replacement is on route lol

Has a lot of potential, front splitter, vortex generator, lowered, exhaust and power upgrades !!!

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
WOW on that spoiler. Good that a replacement is on route lol

Has a lot of potential, front splitter, vortex generator, lowered, exhaust and power upgrades !!!

Genuinely embarrassed driving it with it tbh lol. I've already got onto my painter to get it on ASAP and get that one in the bin
That's the plan :grinning: gonna be saving for a Nur Spec and then me and @Mogan are gonna be ordering for both the Evos at the same time all being well!

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
pm me any time lad.
they are a good car, i personally had never any bother with mine. the only thing was a genuine warranty claim where the wiper arms started to rust.
also tried em with the paint flake on the brembo calipers but they refused ... even though i stuck to the rigid 4.5k servicing plan ... the shower!

Yes I got the official Ralliart ECU for the car. they done a run of these specially for that car variant and it up'ed the boost, changed the map (done by ralliart) when certain upgrades were done. She will throw the ECL light on re the removal of the restricted cat etc, this ecu bypassed all that once it was removed. Not the easiest thing to get hold off, but get signed up on MLR and check on there.

I only ever put on genuine Mitsy or HKS components on my car and I do believe it helped in the upkeep and non problems during ownership

Also never really had any issues in fuelling the car, she was pretty decent most of the time. but if you cained it (and you will do) she drank! but good runs and normal driving I thought she was dead on fuel wise

good luck

Cheers for the help! Appreciate it :laughing:
Is that a ralliart ECU then?

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
That spoiler +o(
Plans sound good, carbon extensions all round and coilovers and nice 18s would be a nice to do list lol best of luck with it:grinning:

Mogan

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 4 GSR
YEOO :laughing:

There was never gona be another outcome after I took ya a run in the 4 lol

Ralliart ECUs I think are basically the same as H-dev for S-bodies? Only the chip is prefitted to an ECU, ya have to watch getting one too as some will say they are and they're not lol

Get her up to @AIRFORCE1 nd he'll get her mapped up sweet ;) think your talking a lot closer too 360 for the mods we were on about

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
OP
Damage_Inc
Drives
Evo VIII
Well after being sent the wrong spoiler I went elsewhere to sort one which was dispatched today so hopefully not too long until it's painted and on :grinning:

However arrived home today to this (y) after a quick call to Blitz (Fensport) on Monday it was on it's way. Nur Spec R and Blitz front pipe, unfortunately they don't do a decat for an Evo for whatever reason so I had to source that elsewhere and should hopefully arrive tomorrow in time for a trip to @AIRFORCE1 on monday :grinning:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.