To be deleted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Agreed, fair play for putting the work in yourself.
Best way to learn about a car is to strip it down and rebuilt it, I've always shy'd away from rebuilding something that someone else has stripped down.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
maybe it was a bit of a harsh post but the car would look 10 times better without a sunstrip and lime green calipers. Flashbacks of 306's with those sunstrips just sent me into rage. I apologise if any offence was caused

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Sorry mate caliper lol.

Thanks its starting to come together needs a lot still tho. Yea still a few months before the test still plenty or time to get the work done.
Thanks Yea everything is needing a thorough check the coilovers werent secure atall at the start.

Dont worry about it mate each to there own like. I acc didnt know it sas associated with ralliart (noob lol ) with the amount or clios an rovers with it on think ill go with a more reliavant sunstrip now lol Thanks

just paint the calipers black, the brakes are way too small on the mk4s to be drawing any attention to them. Sunstrip is just a magnet for getting pulled in too, you'd be better just keeping it simple and subtle, too many rash colours and it'll ruin it. Keep at it though, looks miles better than when you bought it already!

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Fair play for getting stuck in with your first motor.
Alot of us got carried away with our first motors and had massive ideas some good and some not so good.
Its your first motor so do whatever makes you happy, just do not be surprised when you look back in a few years and wonder why did I do that lol.

My advice to you would be to enjoy it, avoid brash colours, keep it clean and subtle.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I prefer the rims on the donor car to. I take the spoiler and bumpers are being transferred if the paint is ok? You should also be able to recoup some cash by breaking the rest of it before scraping :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.