16v K1380 mini, I just couldn't resist ripping it apart again.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Wee buns to him, he loves all that stuff haha.

It would have been a mess if I started it.
Knows his stuff tbf. I could be a Cnut about him as he’s a mate but I’ll not 😂

Dash on his own 106gti rally car is class, whole wiring on it is.

2DA947E0-238A-4225-B86D-D39FC34E68B1.jpeg

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Knows his stuff tbf. I could be a Cnut about him as he’s a mate but I’ll not 😂

Dash on his own 106gti rally car is class, whole wiring on it is.

View attachment 340291
Ive to call down to his place in the next week or 2 to have a look at progress, hopefully get a look at the gti when im down.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ive to call down to his place in the next week or 2 to have a look at progress, hopefully get a look at the gti when im down.
I was thinking of calling up to Gerard’s for cuppa Tay and have a look at what he’s up to.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Car got dropped back to me Friday, took a bit longer due to the usual parts delay atm and some other uncontrollable circumstances but I’m well pleased with what came back. Just waiting to get a date for the tuner, hopefully shouldn’t be to far away.

Loom is exactly how I wanted and is extremely neat, photos below should speak for themselves. He is on Facebook as GNE motorsport controls if anyone wants this type of work done.

361C9449-70A6-4720-B8E2-176D5A273110.jpeg

2F101516-5483-4214-84F4-9E2CF4F733BE.jpeg

CCBA593E-EAC0-46AF-9A82-CE97D726AE5E.jpeg

97526BBD-4C9C-4CAF-802A-E72EFF708C07.jpeg

4908CDCE-6E1B-49C9-A852-134EA3897D03.jpeg

9862405C-09CB-432E-9D71-7AA30560AC70.jpeg

A02E3EB3-C4F1-4238-8854-16E3632E1DBB.jpeg

Going to make the most of the time now to finish out the car a bit more and help get it ready for an mot.

All being well I hope to have it at dubshed in April, after that my stag weekend is organised for players classic which is an event that has been a big drive to build it to this extreme.

Following that it has a role at my wedding in October and once that is over it’s time to get it out and use It a bit. Hopefully we will get a few track days to start and take it from there.

Cheers for looking

Jayme

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Got a wee look round this on 29th Dec @jayme after rallying with him that day. long time since I was closely looking round one, forgot how small they were 😂 awesome little machine tho and that engine looks lovely. Gerard’s wiring is great looking as well and really suits the cars style.

88F97FDE-E6D2-4FAB-911E-053FF9B70616.jpeg

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Got a wee look round this on 29th Dec @jayme after rallying with him that day. long time since I was closely looking round one, forgot how small they were 😂 awesome little machine tho and that engine looks lovely. Gerard’s wiring is great looking as well and really suits the cars style.

View attachment 346266
Haha, the pug is some machine. It has an impressive spec list aswell.

No not much size to them. Inside with the seat mounted decently low and back they are alright as a 2 seater, climbing out of them with your arse on the floor however isn’t graceful, reminds me of a dropped mx5.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Haha, the pug is some machine. It has an impressive spec list aswell.

No not much size to them. Inside with the seat mounted decently low and back they are alright as a 2 seater, climbing out of them with your arse on the floor however isn’t graceful, reminds me of a dropped mx5.
Aye tight bita money spent on it, great going little car.

Aye the 106 is huge in comparison 😂 surprisingly solid feeling tho, made from proper steel back then.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Aye tight bita money spent on it, great going little car.

Aye the 106 is huge in comparison 😂 surprisingly solid feeling tho, made from proper steel back then.

He was talking about Evo's here on Friday, I doubt he couldn't pass the 106 though. Sounds like he has the same problem I have, emotionally and too financially invested.....

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
He was talking about Evo's here on Friday, I doubt he couldn't pass the 106 though. Sounds like he has the same problem I have, emotionally and too financially invested.....
Probably about 210bhp

The decision to either spend more money on that car or sell and buy the like of an R2 fiesta or something factory built.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Probably about 210bhp

The decision to either spend more money on that car or sell and buy the like of an R2 fiesta or something factory built.

Another chap id know has taken that plunge for an R2 Fiesta, its an impressive bit of kit. overall quality and support for a car straight of a production line is hard to beat. No self engineering out problems, even the ability to buy spares of the shelf is a life saver on its own.