17” Wheels on A4 Avant

• Thread starter Deleted member 13907
  • Start date

Deleted member 13907

D
I currently have a 2012 Audi A4 Avant S-Line with 19” wheels. Had started to look about for winter tyres and came across a guy out the road selling 17” A4 wheels with nearly new Continental Winter Tyres.
Obviously I’m not worried too much about aesthetics for winter tyres but would 17s look ridiculous? Anyone happen to have a picture of an A4 Avant on 17s?
My 19s have 35mm profile tyres, whereas the 17s have 50mm tyres.
My car on 19s:
F70B63A3-E7EF-4F73-BA77-282E823D7181.jpeg

17s:
483142F1-53B5-4D9F-8981-05AC27D217E4.jpeg

070ED701-2DB8-4D2B-8AFE-AC6CFBDC490D.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Those are Technik wheels, search for 1 of them on autotrader just.

Though given that our winters seem to last forever, I can no longer bare seeing my car on inferior wheels for such a long period. I know you say they are just winter wheels, but we’re not talking 4 weeks here!

But if you are content with that, then they would be perfect.

Deleted member 13907

OP
D
Those are Technik wheels, search for 1 of them on autotrader just.

Though given that our winters seem to last forever, I can no longer bare seeing my car on inferior wheels for such a long period. I know you say they are just winter wheels, but we’re not talking 4 weeks here!

But if you are content with that, then they would be perfect.
That’s exactly what’s putting me off. They’d be on from October to March probably (unless we continue to work from home, which is a very really possibility). I don’t like the look of them at all, but we’re basically talking ~£200 for 4 nearly new branded winter tyres with free wheels.

I’d say there’s a good chance I’ll maybe still have to go down to head office once a week, which really requires winter tyres - plenty of mornings it’s been fine here, but white by ballygawley roundabout and I’m on back roads (a lot of them untreated) from fivemiletown.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If it were me I'd either get 18's with winter tyres as a compromise, or just stick winters on the 19's.

Hard to look past them at £200 though.

Deleted member 13907

OP
D
If it were me I'd either get 18's with winter tyres as a compromise, or just stick winters on the 19's.

Hard to look past them at £200 though.
Found a few technics with them on autotrader. They look lost even on the saloon and I think it would look worse on an Avant.
Plan had been to look for 18s, so I think I’ll just stick to that - plenty of decent options out there.