170bhp 306d-t ??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Pocket_rocket

just out of intrest cormac as you seem to be big into 306 dt's did you ever hear or the miami blue one in ballymena bbz 201 i think. 170 bhp or so, havent heard of one as quick as it yet. the fastest accelerating thing ive ever drove. its class.

Cormac

RMS Regular
Pocket_rocket said:
just out of intrest cormac as you seem to be big into 306 dt's did you ever hear or the miami blue one in ballymena bbz 201 i think. 170 bhp or so, havent heard of one as quick as it yet. the fastest accelerating thing ive ever drove. its class.

170bhp?? Id like to see a dyno of that, im sure with a high lift cam, hybred turbo and nos this could be acheaved, Heard of a 150bhp on in BC one nite, ?

Cormac

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
well ic an assure you there is no nos in it. just honest power, and 65mpg or something silly like that too. needs a 6 speed gearbox tho, he took it all apart last week to tune it and is looking 200hp from her

Bronk

RMS Regular
think 170bhp is ripin da earse out of it, unless alot of engine work done

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
bronk i have drove this car and it is 170 bhp, it would rip mine apart till 100 mph but id never catch it again. its running bigger pump. bigger injectors bigger tubo also has an intercooler larger than an evo in it. believe me it can boogie. the fella that owns it in an amazing mechanic and also bloody good at making things too. he helped out greatly in gettin my car to 180hp.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
does he have a front mounted intercooler, if so how did he mount it?

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
its mounted just in front of the rad. its also custom made from alloy so it looks like it has two intercoolers
quite nice like ill get pix the next night im over at his place. car just looks standar from the outside, skirts and 17 inch wheels.
oh he also used a 2.1 engine from a 605 btw. its not a 1.9 anmore, should have mentioned that. oops

Cormac

RMS Regular
Pocket_rocket said:
well ic an assure you there is no nos in it. just honest power, and 65mpg or something silly like that too. needs a 6 speed gearbox tho, he took it all apart last week to tune it and is looking 200hp from her

Tell him to be at Triple 7 on 17th July and i will give up my slot to see this baby go!!

One thing i deff have to disagree with is 65mpg from a 170bhp 2.1 pug engine :lol:

Icant see it being 170bhp either, but tell him to come and we'll see for sure!!

Cormac

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
cormac i really dont care what you think and please dont think im being cheeky but i dont take kindly to being called a liar. it will not be at 777 for your rolling road day cos its all pulled apart for more work but as soon as its on the road i will get it to a rolling road even if i have to pay for it myself, it was able to see of pablos old car ( rover turbo ) and it was over 200hp and could slay scoobies.

Cormac

RMS Regular
Nobodys callng u a lier m8 but i find it hard to beleve like im sure everyone else reading this thread is that this 306 ur talking about is 170bhp and can slay scoobies

But anyway back on topic!!

Cormac

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
I can well Believe it... just cuz ures isnt 170hp doesnt mean it cant be done...

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
Its an unlikely senario...But at a guess that Nova is well over 170hp...
Just D-Turbo would have 2ice the torque...

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
C-S_Cormac said:
Heard of a 150bhp on in BC one nite, ?

Cormac
Probably the white one from Banbridge, and it is the standard 1.9, although it's far from standard!!!

Cormac

RMS Regular
150bhp i could beleve with an awfull lot ofengine work, but at that it would be as relible as Fast_Cavs eco-scraps=NON relible

Cormac

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
I know of a 605 2.1td sitting thats cheap but it needs a gearbox though and the engine is MINT.

That sort of power is well believeable the 2.1td is 110standard with 12valves i think? and with larger injectors, large intercooler, a hybrid turbo and some way of controling fuelling and boost and you wouldnt be too far away from that sort of HP.

Jeff: What gearbox did he get to mate upto the engine?

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
paddy im not 100% sure but i think it was one from a xantia but it was less than ideal and he had problems with the linkages all the time. not sure what hes running at the moment but he did go and buy a 6 speed box for some playing about.
spoke to him earlier and he will go to the rollers with you all as soon as it back on the road. not a problem. he hopes to get 180-200hp but he aint too intrested in the hp figures its the torque he is into. i think whoever the lad is with the white one he knows him. black venom and pablo both know willie and know what his car is like.
as for the fuel pump. its rather special, spent £500 quid moding it this week and is mating it to 3.0 injectors. the power should be there all through the rev range. if you ever want a 306 dt tuned he really is the man to speak to. works from outside galgorm and has big connections to one of the best engineering firms about.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Pocket_rocket said:
paddy im not 100% sure but i think it was one from a xantia but it was less than ideal and he had problems with the linkages all the time. not sure what hes running at the moment but he did go and buy a 6 speed box for some playing about.

Those linkeages are the exact same problem with the gearbox in this 605. Its most likely a common fault in the good 'ol pugs. Its bound to be also the same engine as the xantia unless its a later hdi one?

Dermot

amg306 said:
C-S_Cormac said:

Cormac
Probably the white one from Banbridge, and it is the standard 1.9, although it's far from standard!!!

That thing can Move ....lol , Must have a turbo the size of the engine under the bonnet... It Seen off most cars at Bishop's Court that night, Including a 325 BMW..

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
the 2.1 has 110bhp standard incase any1 wants to know

http://www.caranddriving.com/carsourceb/ucmg_c.asp?maker=PEUGEOT&id={5EA3A3C7-F066-11D4-A9B0-0050BAA3D8A0}

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
amg306 said:
C-S_Cormac said:

Cormac

i know the one i even know the owner of it

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
that i dunno it wasn`t to keen on tellin me wot he has done to it i didn`t even know wot bhp it was pushin out he didn`t talk much of it to say its one of the quickish about bb he jst said she quick enuff

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.