170bhp 306d-t ??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
does this d-turbo sound anything like the gold one in lisburn??

sounds like *** all tbh, like a big whoosh of air... hum :roll: ...

Bronk

RMS Regular
the gold 1 in lisburn has a kink in the exhaust and it runing standard boost! in b'bridge most of them are screwed up and give a deep grunt, sounds class :lol: spec wen they blow up the turbo

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I raced a 306dt a while back and it had the turbo screwed up, I wasted the guy by a long way.
If u turn the turbo up doesnt it just smoke like mad ?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
usually smokes like mad, but if u turned the turbo and screw the pump to the rite ratio its only smoky til the turbo comes in and then it clears itself a bit!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It would be more likely to smoke if the pump was screwed up. It's a fine balancing act to get it right, not just as simple as it's made out to be!

Mr 106

RMS Regular
SteveZetecS said:
I raced a 306dt a while back and it had the turbo screwed up, I wasted the guy by a long way.
let me guess, it was the autobox that made the difference...

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Daz said:
SteveZetecS said:
let me guess, it was the autobox that made the difference...

its an auto Zetec-s? :roll: ? . me is confused (not for the first time i might add).

must be mad having a 170 brake 306...

Mr 106

RMS Regular
its a long standing forum joke with another member, i wont expect many people to get it.

Pocket_rocket

OP
P
never worry bout it all lads willie got a read at this thread and is all on for a rolling road day as soon as the cars put back together, he rekons the hp should be over 160 but all he is into is the torque figure, even without the new pump and the extra mods going on at the moment its scary fast.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I dont know why you guys are getting all worked up about, my D-turbo 306 sedan has 80+ horses & the odd donkey under the hood...

iain

my dervs fast standard :lol: i need a tuning box tho, anyone know what bhp mine comes in at?? Its over 150 standard i think, but not too sure, someone said 180bhp but i'm not too sure

Cheers

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
iain said:
my dervs fast standard :lol: i need a tuning box tho, anyone know what bhp mine comes in at?? Its over 150 standard i think, but not too sure, someone said 180bhp but i'm not too sure

Cheers

155 or 160 according to parkers, 0-60 times aren't overly impressive though. tuning box should see a few more bhp out of her anyhow.

Dermot

iain said:

Cheers

Yeah bout 180... And loads more Torque ... But Expect more Gearboxes :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.