2002 Alfa Romeo 156 SW 2.4jtd

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
Hi guys

Usually ride a bike all year but decided to get a car for this winter.

Seen this for sale at a good price, but was in a sad and sorry state so I took the plunge and bought it as a bit of a cheap project.

Here's a few for sale pics from the advert...
Screenshot_2014-06-05-22-55-07_1.jpg

Screenshot_2014-06-05-22-55-07_1.jpg
Screenshot_2014-06-05-22-55-28_1.jpg
Screenshot_2014-06-05-22-55-21_1.jpg

The car had no mot and needed a good bit of work, so over a few months I fitted:
All copper breakpipes
2 front suspension arms
2 front springs
New brake master cylinder
New pads
2 cv boots
Normal non gay lights
Whole pile of bulbs
DVD player
New wheels

And an abundance of car cleaning products.

Progress:
IMAG0438_1.jpg

IMAG0437_1.jpg

Next up was to rip the crap tints off, refit the side skirts properly and tidy up scrapes and rust on the bodywork.

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

And next up is a full service, New clutch and flywheel, alternator pulley and drilled and grooved disks ( just because they're only £7 dearer than standard)

IMAG1013_1.jpg

wes

RMS Regular
Loved driving my old alfa, found out the hard way that the standard front suspension is too soft and a cracked sump is quite common luckily i caught mine before doing damage. Thats nice, htd

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
@wes yeah, I've a friend that has a sump guard he had Mae up for one that he will be made to part with.

@Cunning no teledials... This is to be kept cheap and I'm just after putting new wheels and tires on it that I got at a bargain price.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! Gonna give the whole thing a going over tomorrow and will concentrate on the interior!

Have a nice few days off @G N K

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
These are a lovely place to be, nice leather and a lovely note off the 5 pot lump.
I cracked the sump on mine braking from some speed late at night. Gawd it could go although it was a mapped 20V with chocolate inner CV's.
I had spare 17" tele's until recently but got rid. I think I know where there's another set though.
Sold it a couple of years back up ballymena direction and it still only had 36K on it then. :relieved:
Edit - pic of my old one..:worried:

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.