Lexus is200 se

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
Went last night and bought this Lexus is200 se

Screenshot_2014-11-22-19-59-59_1.jpg

Looks pretty good in the pic but the bodywork has been neglected.

On the plus side though, there is drilled and grooved brakes, braided lines, mushroom filter, stainless decat exhaust ( back box looks crap imo) sport glass and interior and a nice set of wheels.
Oh and the plate... Nice plate...

First thing I did was wash the whole car as it was really bad with tree sap and bird crap along with everything else.
My very poor man's technique for this was:-

Powerwash
Spray demon dirt devil over entire car
Spray cillet bang on wheels and exhaust
Powerwash
One bucket method featuring 'the estate' emergan heater water ( burn da han aff Ye) with too much half price turtle wax
Rinse
Demonshine with microfiber/ hot water as chamois

I then debadged it, someone put rs200 (the rs part was a Ford part) and altezza on the boot, even though it has Lexus all over it and a textspeak Lexus plate?

Then of course the yellow fogs hadda go, and the red film on rear lights.

This is how she is now
IMAG1322.jpg

IMAG1325_1.jpg

IMAG1324.jpg

Anyone know the car?

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Oh aye - plan to talk a friend into buffing the whole car to get swirls and minor scratches out, changing the back box and more tidying on the inside

Any comments and or Lexus advice welcome!

colin84

RMS Regular
Looks the part, and nice plate as well. Only other mod I can think of if you wanted to go that far, is opening up the tail lights and spraying the inside black like the facelift model.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Well that's exactly how they looked with the film on them if youstood 10 meters away. Any closer and you would seen more lines than than the Simpson's blackboard so I had to pull them, do like them tho, just not £hat much

Gavlar

RMS Regular
The car was stolen off another mate who bought it off her, ended up being an insurance write off but you might strike lucky if you find it in a scrapyard somewhere

Vixxxen

RMS Regular
Drives
Gti Golf
nice reg!!

As said yes I had the smoked rear lights, really made one hell of a difference! although think they may have been smashed up when the car was stolen, not 100% sure , the scumbags pretty much wrecked that car, dumb enough to think it was a sport I think lol !

Good luck with it , fab cars and loveeee throwing the back end out!

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Just after sticking £50 into it and finding out I have a leak! :worried:

I jacked it up and found it's on the seam of the tank at the top, so I have bought a new (second-hand) tank and it's getting it tomorrow, along with 3 new wheel studs giving 1 was rung and 2 didn't look too sharp! I'll take this opportunity to tidy up the exhaust fixings as it shakes a little...

Also just got one of those CD players with Bluetooth / android compatability! Must say, its the ticket! Someone has went through the hassle of upgrading all the speakers too, the sound quality is much better than a normal se anyway.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Aye se is easier insured... Ricky Dunn is gonna buff it, was due to do it tomorrow but the leaky tank has took priority! :worried:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks the part, good fun winter car! You'll be busy with two black cars to keep clean.

Cillet bang seems to be the Job lol.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
I quite like the clean look, not fussed on aftermarket stuff! Just peeled the sticker off the back window, Lexus badge on the sunstrip is next! @G N K cillet bang rocks! I'll not tell you what I use for tire shine lol.

@BarryPort @BarryPort get the stickers off the beetle, bound to help it! I'll tcut it if you want!?

@Shaun with the way I'll leave this car you may add a grand! Lol

ryst

RMS Regular
Drives
MG ZT CDTI
The paint job on the mr2 beside that white lexus sums up how I feel about those rear lights...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.