Northern Ireland MOT DISC - An obituary

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog: The MOT disc, the unwanted and much maligned cousin of the considerably older motor vehicle tax disc, has been given the last rites by Mark Durkan, the Northern Ireland Minister for the Environment. From the 4th April 2015, we will finally realign ourselves with the rest of the UK and rejoice at clear, uncluttered windscreens. (Read the Full Article Here)

Capture.jpg

Read the Entire Article Here

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
We've been told that the removal of certs will be done centre by centre so you will still get an MOT disc /cert for a short period after the cut off date depending on which centre you go too.

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
So can I take it down even though it runs until oct 15 , and in wifes cars case Feb 2016 ? Or is it only for certs issued after 6th april 2015 ?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
You can take it down. It says in the link above. Happily ripped it off the screen on my daily this morning.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
My last 3 cars were English cars so never had to display one anyway

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Still a lot of sentimental people driving round with their out of date and not needed
discs and rather large holders cluttering up the windscreen . .lol .

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
You never know @DEEJAY.B these discs might become collectors items in the future!

Still can't get over the fact that people collect tax discs and are prepared to pay 3 figure sums for the 'right' disc :-O

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Still a lot of sentimental people driving round with their out of date and not needed
discs and rather large holders cluttering up the windscreen . .lol .

Still have both my tax and mot discs on display, both still in date, actually the tax is valid until September

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.