Retrospective : BMW 850 CSi

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
On the RMS Blog: On any given day, it\'s highly likely that somewhere on your daily commute, you will see a 3-series or 5-series BMW being driven. One of the most recognised brands in the world, the German manufactuer have seemingly pulled off the impossible in recent years; they have managed to retain their image and desirability, despite sky-high sales figures.... (Read the Full Article Here)

1996_bmw_8_series_850csi-pic-5319438187383234797.jpeg

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Any fresh pics of your old man's 850CSi? Still a great car even today.

Reactions: Gaz

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Still a rare sight on our roads. I saw a lovely Dakar yellow 840 for sale recently too, fully kitted.

johnb740

RMS Regular
Drives
X3 3.0 SD
I always regret buying an ordinary 850 and throwing a pile of cash at it instead of paying the premium for the CSI.

I doubt I'll ever get the chance to own one now. :sob:

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Should have bought one @johnb740 ! In saying that, if we all had time machines there are numerous cars we probably should have bought/kept. I remember turning my nose up at an okay-ish E30 M3 some years back, how I wish now I had bought it and cleaned it up a bit.

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
It's nice isn't it! Slightly lowered, set of LMs, add the rear spoiler ...........................................

hqdefault.jpg

johnb740

RMS Regular
Drives
X3 3.0 SD
The 850CSI is such an iconic car for me.

I was just watching this video last night. It doesn't need translation.

It disappoints me that I've never driven a CSI and that I didn't buy one when I had the chance.

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Next time I get the old man's CSi to a show I'll drop you a line John, I'm sure a drive could be easily arranged.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
One of these sat in my street for years, some p***k owed it and was sold off to a fella in New Zealand apparantly.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
The old 8 series is one of my favourite cars. I had (still have somewhere) a very detailed model of an 850 in a deep burgundy. Well out of reach of ownership now!