Retrospective : Honda Integra Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
On the RMS Blog: Back in 2002, Evo’s review of the definitive sports version of the Integra, the Type R, ended with an eloquent conclusion : “The Integra is the fastest – and arguably most enjoyable – front-drive coupe on the planet.” Thirteen years have passed since that sweeping statement was made, a lifetime in the automotive world. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
This is the next itch for me to scratch...anyone selling one? White, UK version - same as the one pictured please!

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Hard to find a very clean unmolested once now unfortunately. I had 3 of them and loved them all, both modded and unmodded. Had a DC5 too which is a good car also but still felt the DC2 hit the spot more.

Your best bet would be the ITR-DC2 forum, I'd say any cherished examples will appear there first.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I'd say it is tricky to find a 'honest' one these days...DC5 does nothing for me to be honest! Will check that forum out and would be happy with a standard one that needs a bit of tidying to tinker away at

Reactions: Gaz

bob

RMS Regular
Great article Gaz, would soon put the notion on for another Integra they really are fantastic driving cars!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Love the integra seen a few good examples recently but looked worth their asking prices.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I think I need some kind of fast Honda. Help me get over the depression of the saab.

corsacj

RMS Regular
I've a DC1 sitting that I really should gather the funds to do what I want with, nightmare saving though lol.

Do love a good honda

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
If I had the cash spare I'd snap up a mint low-miler DC2 now and lock it away. With Honda going down the turbo road, they'll be seen as a more purist vehicle and unlikely to be repeated again.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
I love integras, but it would have to be a jap spec one for me. Great write up.

PAULW

RMS Regular
Great write up. They're a great car but so hard to buy in good shape. Took me about 2 years to get one i was happy with.

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
Miss mine every day. But as a daily a modded one will put years on you lol

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
good write up, if you want to enjoy a rewarding drive like the dc2, buy an older car else buy a gt86 in todays lackluster line up of hot hatches in terms of driver appeal

Last edited:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Really good article. Nice read. I have always preferred the looks of the DC5 over DC2. Wouldn't say no to either of them to be honest.

Edit: @nobby ... Could agree more. After a year of ownership, I still enjoy the GT86 everytime I get into it. Am sure there are parallels with DC2 / 5.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
teg1.jpg

Miss my old one... great great car, and light years better than the EP3 that replaced it.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
@Gaz your final summary at the end was almost perfect.

There is simply no modern hot hatch or sports coupe that will ever be as rewarding to drive, yes the DC2 will be outpaced in many scenarios, but it will be done so by someone sitting in their sound deadened cabin who has to judge their wheelspin by engine noise and not by feel through their arse.

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
That black car broke my heart. Went home to get the rest of the money for it cause he didn't fancy a p/x and he sold it. Gutted

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Never owned a Jap car but these really tick a lot of boxes for me. The ones that go to Kirky for the trackskills days go fantastically well. :cool:

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
. The ones that go to Kirky for the trackskills days go fantastically well. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Take a look at @StephenDc2 footage at last sundays trackskills day , and this car was driven to the track , unreal speed and handling .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.