Dubshed Afterthoughts: Northern Ireland's Best Car Show?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: Dubshed's 2015 event at the King's Hall in Belfast was held today, and with six years in the running I wonder if it is the best car show in the province. Many of you might think, of course it is, easily the best car show of the year in Northern Ireland. Best of the year, yes it could well be.... (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

j44nty

RMS Regular
Worth the tenner to look at the brown stroke bronze mk2 golf and silver mk1 on cards two beautiful cars. Anything made after 1999 was poo especially the field full of agri spec jettas and Boras fresh off the farm. Wreaking your arches with your rims I don't understand but from and old old bloke perspective the main hall was excellent with some of the best mk1's and 2's I've seen for quite a while

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I'm trying to get the winners list from the organisers although they are understandably busy wrapping up the show.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Worth the tenner to look at the brown stroke bronze mk2 golf and silver mk1 on cards two beautiful cars. Anything made after 1999 was poo especially the field full of agri spec jettas and Boras fresh off the farm. Wreaking your arches with your rims I don't understand but from and old old bloke perspective the main hall was excellent with some of the best mk1's and 2's I've seen for quite a while

That's the best "hand picked vag" cars in NI lol

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
First time at the show for me and I thought it was great from the organisation to the cars on display. I spent 3 hours or so at it yesterday and when I got home and looked at some of the pics on here I still managed to miss a few cars lol.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I thought it would good but not great, still enjoyed walking round with a couple of friends checking out some nice motors. There are worse ways to spent £10 and a Sunday afternoon.

I would have like to have had more trade stands, but as said the standard of cars inside was pretty high with only a few exceptions.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was up for about 2hrs this afternoon. Great show as always, some properly stunning cars.

As @Ben E said the lemon metallic mk6 golf is wrapped and not painted.

For some reason it does look it's be slightly sanded and not polished properly, which you wouldn't do in a wrap. So no idea what's going on with it but if you know why Ben I'd be interested just cause of pure curiosity.

Would look awesome tho.

Wanted to get a few things from blok51 when I was leaving but couldn't get anywhere near it with the crowd.

Didn't take any photos of the stand out cars for me as I'd just get annoyed with the crowds, so will just pick them out from others when I have time.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Ragin I missed this, now that i'm a veedub owner n all lol!!

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Yes was a great show. I wasn't too fussed on the newish stuff, I appreciate the effort that goes into the cars but I love all the older cars, mk1/2's etc.

Decent day out with the kids, nice atmosphere.

My only suggestions would be a better 'picnic' area, it's a bit hard to sit and have a break with sh1t dance music bring pumped literally next to you.

I went to the first show and it gets better every year.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Only show I go to and it amazes me the standard of cars Northern Ireland puts out....easily up there with some of the best IMO!

The effort the guys go to to put on a show of this quality each year is beyond ridiculous. I just want to say thanks to all involved, can easily spend hours walking round and round the halls and outside.

Great way to spend a Sunday

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I thought it was great. Not being a lover of crowds @Lyons and I did a quick whip round tour on Saturday before the grounds filled with farmers and reverse rake.

Always a great display of organisation, workmanship on the cars and generally making crap cars look fantastic [emoji14]

ILoveBass stand was nowhere near as cool as it was last year though. Couldn't find any haribo this time

Reactions: dub

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Great show and organisation by GTINI (y)

Some great cars, Nialls Caymen being one, however alot of the same stuff with the same styling and mods :worried:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Was absolutely top class as usual on the organisation front, some of the stuff on show i don't get but still tip my hat to the effort and dedication...

great weekend

Cess

RMS Staff
No matter where you go in Ireland for any sort of motoring orientated event, you're guaranteed a Eugene Donnelly jacket

IMG_0569.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.