Next winter will be fun! - Budget Cuts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brendy

RMS Regular
But we can sure as hell continue cleaning up after the 11th night and 12th day, run insanely expensive up to 40 year old investigations repeatedly. Great value for my money via rates, vat, duty, income tax etc.
One thing is for certain, itll keep migration down as noone will want to come to this pathetic place.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Pretty strange.

Especially considering half a million tonnes of de-icing salt is dug out of the ground at Carrick each year. Salt that is used to de-ice most of the UK's roads, some of Ireland's roads and is exported as far as New York.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
One thing is for certain, itll keep migration down as noone will want to come to this pathetic place.
you think those who run about in sandals and rags will care if theres potholes on the road

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Well, there's an election in May, just remember all that wasted money when you're filling out your ballot paper.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Pretty strange.

Especially considering half a million tonnes of de-icing salt is dug out of the ground at Carrick each year. Salt that is used to de-ice most of the UK's roads, some of Ireland's roads and is exported as far as New York.

I'm off to the TIL thread :grinning:

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Scaremongering, they've a duty of care

If Labour get in to power they've a track record of pumping money into public services, even their proposed cuts aren't as harsh or as quick as the Tories are planning

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Lol no grit will see no deliveries or anything... Won't b long u turning I imagine, economy struggling as it is

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Won't make one difference.
At the moment we have an executive made of 2 sides, each with their own members of staff, rather than a pool of staff they both use. There's savings right away. Then there's money being wasted on policing parades, historical enquiries, court hearings around the health service etc. All of that attributed to the two main parties in power. Stormant isn't ideal but it's what we have, but it requires people to get out and vote and effectively say, we're not happy with how things are run.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
All this while Marty, Peter and the lads in stormont bleed this country dry. The people who voted for them should be ashamed of themselves. Until there is a viable alternative free from religious bias then I will never set foot in a polling station.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Well there is Jim but unfortunately people are still stuck on voting according to what their parents did or to keep others out. If you don't vote you have no right to complain IMHO.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Courtney spotted an election poster this morning of Sammy Wilson and asked me who was I voting for to which I replied no one, there's never anyone worth voting for.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Only in Northern Ireland will you find a level of idiocy so high amongst the politicians, lawmakers and governing bodies : they will strongly back an expenditure of millions on road safety adverts, whilst simultaneously cutting budgets so that icy roads are left untreated and potholes left unfilled. Because as we all know kids, ice doesn't cause accidents and big ******* holes in the road aren't a concern - it's those evil twenty-somethings rolling Vauxhall Astras over multiple schoolchildren in 30mph smashes that we really need to worry about.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Coog has hit the nail on the head, too many people vote tribally for whats perceived to be "normal" for their religion/area ie DUP or Sinn Fein I'd say a large chunk vote for either party not knowing 100% what it is they're planning to implement

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The way I see it (and I'm not having a go at anyone here) but not voting is pretty much endorsing the current situation. The only reason we have the clowns wasting the money on snuff adverts and pointless court cases is because of voter apathy. Even if I have to vote for an independent or spoil my vote by drawing a crude depiction of our first ministers engaged in a graphic sex act, I'd do that before letting others speak for me.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Only in Northern Ireland will you find a level of idiocy so high amongst the politicians, lawmakers and governing bodies : they will strongly back an expenditure of millions on road safety adverts, whilst simultaneously cutting budgets so that icy roads are left untreated and potholes left unfilled. Because as we all know kids, ice doesn't cause accidents and big ******* holes in the road aren't a concern - it's those evil twenty-somethings rolling Vauxhall Astras over multiple schoolchildren in 30mph smashes that we really need to worry about.

Not to mention paying hundreds of thousands installing armco barriers in the most ridiculous locations !

They've put up a good 2-3 miles worth in the Antrim area recently, where I can honestly say I've never heard of a crash, or the chances of a crash must be almost zero. Completely idiotic locations !

As for road salt...they should have tons left over from the last 2 years as there hasnt really been any frost !

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I don't understand people who do not vote but then moan about the people in power. If we didn't have to spend so much money on historical enquiries then we would be up a serious amount of money, the same way if MI5 were allowed to work in Northern Ireland then we wouldn't have such a huge impact policing budget.

I do vote and I do vote because I am a Unionist and I do not want Northern Ireland to become part of the Republic of Ireland and for that alone I think my vote is worth it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The way I see it (and I'm not having a go at anyone here) but not voting is pretty much endorsing the current situation. The only reason we have the clowns wasting the money on snuff adverts and pointless court cases is because of voter apathy. Even if I have to vote for an independent or spoil my vote by drawing a crude depiction of our first ministers engaged in a graphic sex act, I'd do that before letting others speak for me.

By not voting, you are letting others speak. And you can bet those others will be the extremists among those people can vote for.
The choices may not be good at all, but not voting really is the worst of all the options as it just means there is nobody to oppose the extremists who you allow to get voted in.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I don't understand people who do not vote but then moan about the people in power. If we didn't have to spend so much money on historical enquiries then we would be up a serious amount of money, the same way if MI5 were allowed to work in Northern Ireland then we wouldn't have such a huge impact policing budget.

I do vote and I do vote because I am a Unionist and I do not want Northern Ireland to become part of the Republic of Ireland and for that alone I think my vote is worth it.

Part of that is comical ( except not funny at all ) A delusional party keeps blabbing they want to protect the most vulnerable at all costs ( lies of course, but yes it sounds good on paper ), yet in the same breath they force borrowing of 2billion for nothing relating to the vulnerable at all like inquiry after inquiry which will never yield the truth because many involved will never reveal the truth or are already dead, yet they offer no funding strategies for the vulnerable other than stealing it from the hard working people who will end up paying for all their nonsense !!

People NOT voting is what has allowed that sort of nonsense to happen, and now WE all have to pay for it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
By not voting, you are letting others speak. And you can bet those others will be the extremists among those people can vote for.
The choices may not be good at all, but not voting really is the worst of all the options as it just means there is nobody to oppose the extremists who you allow to get voted in.

If all those that didn't bother voting but instead preferred to sit at home complaining actually got off their hole and did something we'd be in a better place. It's so frustrating that I/we go out and take time to choose someone that doesn't make decisions based on tribal loyalties and has the potential to move us away from this focus on religion, flegs and tit for tat BS only to then see the usual results flood in - a low percentage of folk turn up and those who did voted for the same arseholes to keep 'the others' out.

Saying there's no choice is not right either. I bet those who say they've "no choice" haven't a clue who the full listing of candidates is for their area.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.