ERC Circuit of Ireland 2015 Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
And Breen very nearly didn't finish today, watched the video of this when he came into the final service before the ramp and my god he was LUCKY to get away with it

CBxyz9cUMAEgQ1c.jpg:large

RCT

RMS Regular
I take it they don't have indicators? Lol 2 were on the motorway changing lanes and not one indicator, the fact they were taking so long to carry out a lane change made me think maybe they don't use indicators

Just to give you an example from a rally drivers point of view. In the likes of the European Peugeot 208 R2 cars and some of the ford m-sport focus cars, there is 2 buttons for the left and right indicator, that are down on the floor between the seats and hard to see without looking down. Once either is pressed, they flash for 24 times before turning themselves off. You cannot turn them off after you've pressed it, it goes for the full 24 flashes. It can thus give some drivers the wrong impression, as they stay on for so long. That's why most don't use them and then just move lanes when it looks safe to do so.

Also the wing mirrors are incredibley small, they move all the time even after you set them. There is no interior rear view mirror in most cars either. The cars are normally Lhd and the reason they take their time to move lanes, is cos it's hard to see. Doesn't help when you get some "here's be me like mate" trying to race and tailgate you in traffic, when you genuinely can't see them and you've no time for that, because you've a certain time to get to the next location with your time card!

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
Was up with the tiger risk guys for a few hours this afternoon, had a look around the other team garages also. Good day out and something a bit different for me as i aint been to a rally event before. The wifes uncle is a mechanic for tiger risk so got a good insight to the workings of the team etc, very interesting.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
@Graham you didn't by chance get her name did you? Kinda looks like someone I might know lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
@Graham you didn't by chance get her name did you? Kinda looks like someone I might know lol

Nope the production is one for the discovery channel and she was not willing to be snapped herself, a few others commented on her too including someone within the crew

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Excellent pics @Graham, is Coverage of the rally being televised do you know?
cheers there is over 3000 of the bloody things to sift through now so will do that tomorrow and get the report on RMS...

Yeah Eurosport will be covering it and also On The Limit will have something on UTV, I think they said 20 minutes of the show will be ERC and the rest ITC

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Good to meet you too @Graham

@Artoir not sure if you stayed until they pulled the Swedish 208 out of the hedge but the crew tidied up afterwords and you would hardly know a car had went through it. Only broke 1 tree.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Great weekend, fantastic rallying. 2 x 12 hour days really took it out of me, still exhausted lol. Only got a quick look through my photos,
but hopefully get a chance to go through the rest of them over the next few days.

You can't have been far from me on the Folly @graeme …. didn't even recognize you.

He has risen.jpg

Tuthill.jpg

Evo.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
You wouldn't have known me, the wind was cutting me in three so went for the thug look !

11013125_1573972109521733_860819269155550676_n.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Yup that was me couldn't be ****ed fighting to get closer lol

Was near a goner myself with the wind a few times.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Wonder will they call the idris Elba documentary "long walk to the service park"?

You can hear the narration now 'Watch as I almost die in a high speed accident' You will hear the screech of tyres and the bending of metal the in car camera will go all fuzzy then fall off the mount, followed by groaning and lots of naughty beeped out words. Then he will interview Richard Hammond to compare their near death accidents. When in reality all that probably happened was he clipped a hedge and the headlight fell out

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Car wasn't in too bad a shape, caught him coming into service.

DSC_0145.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.