RMS Offroad Day Afterthoughts - Flagstaff Adventures April 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Its sleeting here in saintfield. Good offroading weather!!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Lunch break!

DSC_0467.JPG

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Some pics from today. Great day out and a brilliant spot, really challenging areas as well as a couple of tame spots. The rally circuit a particular favourite of mine lol

DSC_0450.JPG
DSC_0452.JPG
DSC_0453.JPG
DSC_0454.JPG
DSC_0455.JPG
DSC_0456.JPG
DSC_0459.JPG
DSC_0466.JPG
DSC_0468.JPG
DSC_0469.JPG

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Looks like great fun. My brother was talking about doing an off-road day, but he has a chelsea tractor, would it be much use?

@Coog was that you behind me passing the city airport about 4ish, heading bangor bound?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just home, awesome days craic.

Pretty challenging in places, loads of fun tho.

Will get pictures up soon

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Looks like you lot had a great day.

@Coog is the Drumaness off roading spot just up the road from me? Plenty of proper 4x4's on our road earlier.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Oh and this is the offending shock, there's meant to be a 2/3inch stud on the bottom to go through the mounting in the axle, with bushes and a nut.

All that is gone haha

Don't know what broke it or where it broke.

IMAG1888.jpg

And also bust the left rear tyre on my way back down to the yard/shed. Must have nipped on rock just above that first grass hill

Last edited:

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
home fed and watered. Sitting down to reflect on a great day now. Thank you all for turning up, was a good group of guys and the craic was mighty. As for the course, what can I say, challenging would be a start, lots of different obstacles deep water splashes, not so deep ones after @weeloaney drained the last one with some spirited driving, steep rocky hills, some nice grassy sections, a rally track, and the added bonus of being told to go anywhere we wanted we don't have to stick to the paths. I would say unless you have a half decent 4wd system with at least a high and lo box it would be too challenging once you get up onto some of the steeper climbs.

Definitely a good setup and would go again.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Any more pics fella's? Doing up a quick report here :grinning:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Cheers

On the point of breakages - I did manage to bust my towing eye socket off today lol

Was wondering what the clattering noise was on the way down the road :p

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Looks like you lot had a great day.

@Coog is the Drumaness off roading spot just up the road from me? Plenty of proper 4x4's on our road earlier.

Yeah there's a place just behind a petrol station near your way. We used to go trialing there. Tight wee site and a nightmare to tow the trialer into too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.