Titanic Motor Show 2015 Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
One for @Colin
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429960060.664876.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429960071.917764.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
A free show and people still moan! Lol
I think this is a fair point. Very central location, free parking, easy to get in and out, kids entertainment. Worse ways to kill an hour for free.

As a car show- there is isn't a lot to see but if you are in the market for a new car, or something from the auction then not a bad shout.

My complete thoughts will be in the report.

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Went down this morning and walked around for an hour with the wife and kids. It was nothing spectacular but like above it was free and a few cars there most people would rarely see up close (360, mazzers, db9, vantage, rcf). The classics section actually had a really nice collection sitting out on display. Credit to their owners.

dirty dave

RMS Regular
Drives
peugeot 205 gti
Arrived down at 3.20 and security guard said they are all leaving now. and I hadn't missed much. Lol

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I was there about 13.00 with the kids and everyone was leaving. I went to get a coffee and the guy selling it was going mad as the organisers had promised stuff to them and they never got any of it.
Good day for it mind you.

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
A free show and people still moan! Lol
I think the problem is that when a major venue such as the Titanic or the King's Hall (in the case of last year's much-discussed fiasco) is used people will have certain expectations. It's great that it is free but that doesn't really excuse an underwhelming experience when said event has been quite heavily promoted beyond the usual car enthusiast channels to Joe Public as a day out for the family.

conor62

RMS Member
Drives
Corsa Sport
The guy dressed as the stig on Friday was not hired by the event organisers.. He was with an exhibitor. The Stig NI was there on Saturday.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.