Land Rover Defender: Fifty Shades of Mud

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: The Land Rover Defender, launched in 1948 was formally known as either a Land Rover 90 or Land Rover 110 and is one of those iconic British vehicles that has a place in many hearts around the globe (mine included), primarily as it is one of the true rough and ready off roaders that was never built or intended to be refined and a pleasure to drive, more so to do a job of crossing mountains, deserts, rivers and lugging cattle about, however over the years Land Rover have indeed refined the Defender to cope with modern lifestyles and make it a little more pleasurable and comfortable.

On road the Defender is still quite a cramped, noisy place to be with vague handling, however inside the latest high end models will see alloy wheels, heated leather seats, air conditioning, central locking and a CD player with BlueTooth and an aux input. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Some awesome shots here @Graham, love this:

IMG_7586.JPG

Last edited:

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Good write up and great shots, could have offered my 72 Series 3 if you wanted a few shots of an older model.
Technically the model we know as the defender was launched in 1983 as the 90/110 and became officially know as the Defender in 1990. Pre 83 were only know as the Series models, although the current defender can trace its routes right back to the very start.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Photos are great, better than the article imo
Just being honest.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nice pics Graham, always fancied doing an article about the old defenders myself having worked on a couple both in the workshop and out in the 'field'... probably wouldn't have been so positive about them lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.