Toyota GT86 gets refresh and price drop

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PoddyM

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
On the RMS Blog: Its hard to believe that the launch of the GT86 was almost three year ago now and to mark the occasion Toyota has given the car a refreshed line-up and style detail changes and a price reduction.

New wheels and new colours lead the features list, with the range-topping Aero model running on gloss black 18-inch rims and available with a hot GT86 Orange paint finish. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Still no forced induction on the bill of materials. All that is missing in the world of plug in tuning.

All too easy to say that though, they are incredibly well balanced and great fun to drive!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Still no forced induction on the bill of materials. All that is missing in the world of plug in tuning.

All too easy to say that though, they are incredibly well balanced and great fun to drive!

Interesting about the wheel change though. As a lot of reports about the original said it was the lack of big wheels and skinny profile tyres that contributed to that excellent balance and feel of the car ( and to a degree, not having too much power )

Gavlar

RMS Regular
They're fairly tumbling in price in the used market can pick ones up for £13/14k seen one the other month for £9,999 had very high miles though (102,000) for the year lol

Screenshot_2015-05-16-19-03-49.png

Last edited:

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Wait, hasn't the price went up? :confounded:

It used to be £22,500 for the GT86, now thats the price for the new basic model and the normal GT has increased to £25k.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I couldn't deal paying that sort of money for such a lack of ponies, particulary since a mid 90's clapped out m3 would do a job on it around the track.....meh not for me.

RM55MCC

RMS Regular
Drives
fn2 type r gt
Test drove the above gt86 few weeks ago , as I was looking to buy one, good fun to drive but dead when it came to power ....

Dave..

RMS Regular
Test drove the above gt86 few weeks ago , as I was looking to buy one, good fun to drive but dead when it came to power ....
I loved mine and for normal driving it was fine. If I had kept it I would have liked a louder exhaust.
The depreciation was one of the reasons I sold it.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I will definitely own one of these in the next few years. Fell in love with them before they were even released.

Heard something about Subaru releasing an STI BRZ? Something like 450 bhp from factory!? .. I preferred the Toyota front, but for that power I'd take the BRZ! :p

subaru-brz-sti-concept-04-600-001.jpg

:heart:

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I will definitely own one of these in the next few years. Fell in love with them before they were even released.

Heard something about Subaru releasing an STI BRZ? Something like 450 bhp from factory!? .. I preferred the Toyota front, but for that power I'd take the BRZ! :p

subaru-brz-sti-concept-04-600-001.jpg

:heart:

Unfortunately it was a one off prototype :worried:

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Surely these would be handy enough boosted? Not like there isn't a whole load of Impreza's sitting in breakers yards around the UK!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Turbo kits were out for them before the cars were even officially released lol .. Everyone knew the score with that one. Definitely a route I'd go down if I bought one! (y)

Gavlar

RMS Regular
HKS supercharger kit is £3000 iirc, as they depreciate further you'll def see more charged/boosted just hope the little that did sell don't end up wrecked as drift cars

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lovely wee things. Have to look at them as an MX5 with a roof, not a track car or some crazy bhp rally/race thing. For the latter, look elsewhere.

Still no forced induction on the bill of materials.

Some nice aftermarket supercharger kits for them though. Though like the MX5, a lot of money compared to the car, and would change the car completely. Imagine one would need to look at suspension, brakes, and tyres too going down that road, which means more £££. Probably make more sense starting off with a 350Z/360Z, or an S2000.

Should make a cracking wee track car though if you did put the effort in :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.