Japfest 2015 // Castle Coombe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog: Japfest at Castle Coombe has firmly cemented it's place as Europe's biggest celebration of Japanese car culture. Over 3,000 cars of all eras and marques packed the length and breadth of the sun-drenched Wiltshire race circuit, whilst hordes of spectators thronged the club stands or watched the action on track from the mental time attack and drift machines. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
A great selection of stuff there. Nothing like an enormous show like this where there's always something to catch your eye.

DSC_0167.JPG

I think the R32 has aged really well - wish I'd held on to my GTR.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
It's a really great show and great to see it going from strength to strength. Massive depth and variety to Japanese cars / Japanese car culture these days! It's not all drifters. Really love the rising interest in the obscure and retro stuff. The Colt Galant GTO GSR is a great looking car.

However, hard to look past the machines which were clearly inspired or spawned by the Fast and Furious. The UK & Ireland interest in all things JDM owes so much to the legacy of that film.

DSC_0082.JPG

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Didn't know many from NI were making the trip over, I was there with Toyota on the GT86 / AE86 owners stand

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
JAE is equally good in my opinion @Artoir. Perhaps even better as you can camp, etc.

The live action is great at Japfest, but JAE is a more laid back social vibe.

@chrisd1 was that a club stand?

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Japfest would be better for me, live action and track time make it good... yes club stand @Cess it was a HUGE show... i've missed proper events since back to Europe

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
It's great set up at Castle Coombe. I was there the year the guy managed to roll the NSX on a parade lap.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.