Land Rover: A Sporting Discovery

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: We previously featured a Defender which was driven by the gentleman at the Charles Hurst parts desk known as Davey Craig. Since then,we discussed a few other options from the renowned stable that is Land Rover and decided that the all new and recently released Discovery Sport would be ideal for testing and so I got one for a weekend and as per usual got booked in with Walter at the amazing Ireland Off-Road Experience within Clandeboye Estate.

As expected from Land Rover this is a premium 4x4 with a plethora of options and toys and indeed you would be forgiven for thinking that the Discovery Sport is the spawn of a one night stand between the Freelander (which has now ceased production) and the popular Range Rover Evoque. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Very smart baby Range Rover. Wouldn't be my colour choice, a met grey with a black roof would be lovely. LR have some line up!

Oh and I notice you must be the estate's best customer @Graham!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nice axle articulation :p

These things look great but seem to have strayed quite a bit from the 'tough as nails' discoveries of old. I guess that's the way the market is these days.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
very impressive write up Graham, and after seeing one of these performing off road at a recent day at Clandeboye, you have summed it up perfectly. It's the lack of ground clearance which hinders these, and whilst clearly competent and capable, is more suited to on road than serious off roading. Which will suit its target market perfectly

Dave..

RMS Regular
My accountant has one in dark red and it looks great. Perfect for towing a boat etc on a long drive.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Nice write up @Graham (y)

We had one out last December as the wife is for buying one to replace the 120d. Just waiting til the house is finished then a grey HSE Lux with the black pack will be bought. Also wanted to wait until the new diesel engine comes out later this year and see what it's like first.

I loved driving it, but coming from a 20 year old Shogun it was always going to feel luxury in comparison lol

Cess

RMS Staff
Love that sat-nav interface - nice touch. Also nice to see a review where the thing gets used properly. When you have the next Landy out on test, I want to know how well and how fast it can pull a two cow, tri-axle trailer.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Love that sat-nav interface - nice touch. Also nice to see a review where the thing gets used properly. When you have the next Landy out on test, I want to know how well and how fast it can pull a two cow, tri-axle trailer.

The next one should be a large Range Rover all going to plan, this should be off road and "if"it has a tow bar i will try my utmost to have a trailer test of some sorts, @tbdevpaul can lend me the horse and accompanying box with wheels for an hour as he basks in the heated cow hide on route to an event...

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
The next one should be a large Range Rover all going to plan, this should be off road and "if"it has a tow bar i will try my utmost to have a trailer test of some sorts, @tbdevpaul can lend me the horse and accompanying box with wheels for an hour as he basks in the heated cow hide on route to an event...

I'll bring the Sloe Gin and Purdeys :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.