Classic Reborn: Ian's RB26 Datsun 260z

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: The appeal of modifying and tuning your own car is simple – you want something unique, one of a kind, and that carries your own personal touch.  RMS member Ian Cormak took this mantra to heart when building his 1979 registered Datsun 260z, and turned it into something quite special.

He had bought the car back in the summer of 2013, however long before the purchase he had decided he wanted the ultimate 500bhp road going 260z, and had most of the research for the build completed beforehand.  Ian had himself previously converted a 2.0 VTEC EF Civic, which he still owns,  which taught him electrical and fabrication skills he wanted to bring to bear in his next project. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
My god that car is absolutely stunning, perfectly captured by Renis as always ...

This picture is just fantastic! Its artwork ...

068.jpg

Dave..

RMS Regular
Fantastic build and write up.
I remember when these first came out and our neighbour got one. He took me for a spin, very spirited drive and it looked like a Ferrari, what more could you ask for :grinning:
@EF Ian it is a credit to you, all the hours spent researching, building and finally driving - well done.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Thanks for the kind feedback regarding pics! The car is an artwork and was a pleasure to photograph

Neil_M

RMS Regular
What a truly epic car.

IMO you picked a better engine combination than the V10. Gives a little nod to lineage.

@EF Ian you sir are a hero! Keep it up :grinning:.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Massive thanks to Reinis @Reno_LV for the photos and @Cooper for the great feature.

Thanks to all for the nice comments and feedback, I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

You don't do things by halves @EF Ian. That is some spec list.

Fantastic car you've built. Hopefully see it out at a few shows if you're home this summer.
Nope, I wanted to go all out on this one, trouble is if something's not perfect it really annoys me, that's why this will never be 100% complete.

I'll miss most of the summer unfortunately, but any shows on while I'm home I will be attending. Was planning to come home for CCL in July but unfortunately it looks like I'll be on a one month long charter during that time so no chance, on the other hand its stinking rich Arabs chartering so there should be a nice fat tip at the end, which means more money for the car.

What a truly epic car.

IMO you picked a better engine combination than the V10. Gives a little nod to lineage.

@EF Ian you sir are a hero! Keep it up :grinning:.
Cheers.

The RB surely fits the car better and keeps it from the same family, I do love V10's, a big reason being the sound, while the RB doesn't sound as good a proper screaming V10 its very close and at least the car still has that straight six soundtrack. I think its good that I kept the V10 for the next project, plus I've always had a thing for RB26's so it great to finally own one.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.