Idris Elba has No Limits on New TV Show

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog: Internationally acclaimed actor, car enthusiast and King Of Speed, Idris Elba, hits the small screens once again in an all action, high-octane new show. Idris Elba: No Limits premieres on the Discovery Channel at 9pm on 6th July and follows car racing fan Idris for four episodes as he attempts to get to grips with a number of differing motorsport disciplines.

The challenges include an attempt to break the "Flying Mile" record set by Malcolm Campbell back in 1927, as well as drag racing at Santa Pod and an attempt at rallying our own Circuit of Ireland, under the tutelage of Jimmy McRae.

Regular readers of RMS may well know how that ended up! (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Couple of new trailers out, including this one of his Circuit of Ireland experience

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
11327209_1621756318109476_486089094_n.jpg

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
The show premieres tonight folks. Discovery at 9pm.

Latest trailer:

BEHIND THE SCENES: Idris Visits Monaco Rally Raci…:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Must see if I can get this online somewhere. I happened to be walking past as he was pulling into the pits on the last day so I might even see myself.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
He came across as a real know-it-all smart ass on the rallying episode, thought the flying was pretty brave and i loved the dragster apart from the wee anoying "go-team"," its all in the hips" knob that was teaching him.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
He came across as a real know-it-all smart ass on the rallying episode.

He didn't half! Really put me off the show, espeically when he gave it stacks about finishing the rally, when other more experienced competitors hadn't. He managed three stages in an invitational rally and binned it on two of them :rolleyes:

Although, I might give last night's episode a whirl.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
the drag one was good as well last week. ive last nights episode recorded so ill be back tomorrow to slabber about that im sure!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Haven't watched it since the Circuit episode, he annoyed me far too much in that episode.

Loved the other rally episode he done with Ari etc and he obviously has a passion for rallying but to claim he finished the rally just makes him out as a knob.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
He didn't half! Really put me off the show, espeically when he gave it stacks about finishing the rally, when other more experienced competitors hadn't. He managed three stages in an invitational rally and binned it on two of them :rolleyes:

Although, I might give last night's episode a whirl.

He really annoyed me with that as well, such a load of balls. He wouldn't have finished the rally either if he hadn't of been filming it for TV as he would have been over maximum stage lateness on the very first stage!!

Have to say I generally found him annoying throughout each episode, got on like a know-it all when it seemed like he really didn't know very much at all. Seemed like a right grumpy fecker at times too.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Only watched the rally episode, and found it a bit grating to watch. The whole thing of him finishing etc was a load of nonsense for the tv obviously as said.
Best line from it was Jimmy McRae, "he might get 3rd in his class" and a what seemed to me knowing smile. 3rd in his class consisting of just himself :p

bob

RMS Regular
Was chatting to a fella doing time keeping at the end of one of the stages he went off on, said he was fuming at the end of the stage and wouldn't speak to anyone. Generally sounds to be a bit of a knob!

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
big time, he stormed off on Ari vatanen (sp) in the bentley. I think the guy has a serious case of thinking he is better than he is. He is getting the absolute best instruction and support that you can get and all he does is not listen and sulk. Idris "toys everywhere" elba.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
I switched off after the Vatanen incident. Elba got stroppy with Ari and it was hard to comprehend why, as he just wouldn't listen or take instruction and seemed to be itching for a reason to walk off.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
he is such a man bitch. go back to advertising box sets you useless creation.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Yeah @Gambit! All Vatanen said was "You drive like your Granny" or something similar. Cue massive huff

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.