C4 Cactus Brings French Flair

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: Citroen have for years been somewhat renowned for creating completely out of the box cars that do not conform to any sort of normality and indeed this quirky side to the French brand had died off over recent years. That was until last year when they launched the C4 Cactus.

This is one of very few mass production cars that still looks like what most cars once looked like on a sketch pad, a concept! Concepts are what manufacturers bring to motor shows to showcase just what “could be” and usually, in reality the production models are far removed from the concept.

Why be the same as all the other manufacturers? why design something that is just the same old? It’s healthy to let the hair down once in a while and its refreshing skinny dipping at moonlight and I think the C4 Cactus fulfils a healthy and refreshing design brief where the Citroen designers have let their hair down and got together at moonlight for a refreshing dip.

Before taking delivery of this car I was rather excited by it as I would be fun loving, think outside the box and like to let the hair down a little at times (or what’s left of it), so this cars personality suited mine perfectly when written down on paper.

In the real world, as expected; our personalities matched just like the custard and caramel in a Creme brûlée - very smooth with a sweet after taste.

On receiving the car I was impressed with the colour choice and combination of red and black complimenting the metallic grey paintwork, it looked fun and it was fun! Part of the fun look is thanks to the “AirBumps” of which you can choose four colour options depending on which you think would best suit your body colour.

Taking three years to develop they aim to protect the Cactus from minor bumps and grazes and look like a large bubble wrap plaster for want of a simple explanation and indeed they absorb the daily strains on a car just like bubble wrap and protect like a plaster.

The designers didn’t forget about the inside of the Cactus either, with leather strap door handles and a glove box that looks like a leather strapped briefcase with rubber nodules which help prevent a phone or such likes sliding about.

The infotainment system was fabulous and within easy reach of the sofa like seats which were very comfortable to say the least with plenty of room for four adults to go on a long jaunt comfortably. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Your crème brûlée didn't copy over too well.

Definitely not a looker, is it?

@Cooper must have eaten it mid transfer.

Being a looker or not is a personal thing, and individual to a lifestyle, i personally love it and would drive one no problem :laughing:

an old saying i use a lot "why be like everyone else, when you can be yourself"

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I absolutely love the C4 Cactus, very cool car!

Great write up @Graham

The missus will be needing a new car in a few months time, and if there are any decent deals to be had on these I think it could be top of the list. :grinning:

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Different isn't always better IMO, personally I think it's terrible looking. Thinking outside the box for Citroen used to be inventing technology such as self levelling suspension and swivelling headlights to allow further sight around corners; I'm not convinced putting gimmick bubbles on the side of a door or leather door pulls puts it any further ahead of it's competition.

Cess

RMS Staff
Another Cactus fan here. The looks are always going to get a marmite reaction and I don't think the car reviewed here had the most flattering colour combination. There's a black/graphite grey Cactus with orange accents and 17 inch wheels floating about South Belfast which looks fantastic.

The other thing to bear in mind, is that Citroen have developed a car which is meant to be affordable, family transport with a bit of gallic design flair. It's a £12k car not an Audi Q7, so it's not going to be dripping with world beating technology. Cheap to buy, cheap to run and individual. I think it could be a real winner. I hope it is.

EDIT:

I think this is a better colour combo.

114089-first-drive-2015-citroen-cactus-by-henny-hemmes.14-lg.jpg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Another Cactus fan here. The looks are always going to get a marmite reaction and I don't think the car reviewed here had the most flattering colour combination. There's a black/graphite grey Cactus with orange accents and 17 inch wheels floating about South Belfast which looks fantastic.

The other thing to bear in mind, is that Citroen have developed a car which is meant to be affordable, family transport with a bit of gallic design flair. It's a £12k car not an Audi Q7, so it's not going to be dripping with world beating technology. Cheap to buy, cheap to run and individual. I think it could be a real winner. I hope it is.

EDIT:

I think this is a better colour combo.

114089-first-drive-2015-citroen-cactus-by-henny-hemmes.14-lg.jpg

That's the same colour combo as the one I was in, very cool. :grinning:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I love the looks, took a test drive in the 1.6HDi Flair and near ejected mid test - one of the worst drives of my life, and I've driven a 2CV and a Nissan Vanette!

This was the colour that attracted me, though I drove a deep violet colour one:
lagoon blue c4.png

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
For reference the press car I tested was just shy of £20k as it was the top spec with a plethora of options

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
For reference the press car I tested was just shy of £20k as it was the top spec with a plethora of options

Who in their right mind would pay nearly 20k for one of those:scream:, when they were released one of their sales team brought a demo down to let our Fleet Manager see it, I didn't even go out for a nosey round it as I couldn't keep my face straight for long enough due to the turd coloured bump strips (as if they weren't bad enough to look without making them brown:sob:), give me parking dings any day.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.