RMS Rolling Road Day - 21st Nov - GSportscars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
RMS Rolling Road Day - 21st Nov - GSportscars

Apologies for my absence on this thread so far. I've had a busy week or two there with other unrelated stuff but I'm on the ball now :p

Anyway, it seems like the numbers are very good so far. Some very nice cars due to attend! I really liked the variety of the last RMS dyno day.

I have yet to have a proper read back through the whole thread to get the full details, but in general the way the dyno days are operated at Gsport HQ are as follows..... (If anyone wants to correct me or change the time/arrangement etc etc etc then please just give me a shout via PM or email etc. Most things can be sorted).....

So kick off is around 9.30. Usually there may be a couple of requests for early runs which I have no problem with at all. Simply speak to whoever is organising cars (@Rooneyrocket??) arriving beforehand and we can get you on the rollers and away early if need be.

All being well, we'll get 25 cars done on the day. Any additional entries are on a reserve list as mentioned and taken if time permits.

@pablo did a cracking job at the last RMS dyno day as far as taking deposits before the day and accepting the remaining payment from each runner on the day. Ideally something similar will happen this time around but if not I will operate it as... when you get the dyno print out you pay the remaining £25. Either way... a small deposit of £5 should be secured for each car, a minimum of a few days beforehand. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but it simply lets me know how many will actually attend.
Pablo did set up an RMS paypal deposit on the last event but if that's not available this time, then people can send a £5 deposit via paypal to...

info@gsportcars.co.uk

Please include in the comments.... RMS username, actual name (so I don't have to call you fastcorsa99 etc:p), car make/model/registration. This makes it much easier to prepare for the day and have things flow smoothly.

So long as we get a confirmed 15-20 runners with deposits paid, I'm happy to put on some tea/coffee sandwiches/snacks etc. (Well Mrs Gsport is happy to :grinning:).

As for the location of Gsport HQ for anoyone who hasn't been before....
Enter BT8 6SB into your satnav. This will get you to Ballymaconaghy Road. Once on that road you want to follow the signs for Mount Ober Golf club. Gsport is located on the same laneway/entrance as the main Mount Ober Golf Club. You will see the image below with parking directions.

EVERYONE should follow the blue line intothe parking area also outlined in blue. We will take 2-3 cars at a time into Gsport, (entrance shown in black), as space forturning is limited. Ideally, as one person exits Gsport after their run, they will park in theblue area which will allow another participant to enter the queue. The ideabeing that we have a nice flow of runners just outside the door and ready to go. What we try to avoid are cars being parked and left in the immediate premises which can cause difficulties.

If anyone who is running a particularly low car is able to raise it for the day and for the purposes of the dyno run then that helps a huge amount. Low cars can be run butgenerally require extra time etc.

The only one thing I personally ask... is that all drivers attending (whether on the dyno or not), please do not act anti socially when coming or going. I am always sensitive to the fact that Gsport is right next door to a golf course / driving range. I would very much like to maintain a perfect record of zero noise complaints:grinning:. Everyone so far has been excellent in this regard!!!

The above being said.... I'm looking forward to it. Always great craic with good people and lots of noise.

I don't think I can paste this to the original post but if one of the admin wouldn't mind pasting this into the original post also, then that would be great.

Many thanks,
Gav,

Price:£30 per car
Gav says he can do between 25-30.
So i was thinking a limit of 25 cars. Then 5 as a reserve incase anyone can't make it

1. Rooneyrocket/Honda CRX VT or Civic ej9 b16a track car.
2. pablo/Clio 197
3. McMurray/S2000
4. Peter aka VENOM / SEAT Bocanegra orsomething else
5. Hippy ep3
6. Burt2000/Leon Cupra
7. AC/Golf GTi
8. Con Honda Del Sol SiR
9. Phil(m) Toyota starlet
10. WSM / M4
11. jok0212 / Leon Cupra R
12.mn5587/ CLK 55
13. Ricky2 MR2
14. Kyle Darley - Honda Civic Ep3
15. Jamie Scott - Abarth 500
16. Ceebl - Mk5 GTI
17. Renman8957- R56 JCW
18. Jessy - 335
19. Stocky - Mk7 Golf R

Last edited:

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
Waiting to see how many people would be interested and looking a good price also. Was thinking november some time give people chance get there motors up and running

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
image.jpeg

Sorry :innocent: I couldn't resist :p

AC

RMS Regular
I would also be interested in going in VW, I'll stand off to the side with @Boydie . Providing you don't get the Honda numbers.

Where is this likely to be?

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Likely la mon industrial estate

Might throw a car on or two depending on price

PhilM

RMS Regular
Think the last day was Honda only?

Maybe that wasn't Honda haven? Pirates day or something?

@Lee A could tell us the score maybe?

I'd take the Toyota over for a run so long as it isn't this month!

Phil

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
So was speaking with Mike today, he's all for the dyno day. I will be speaking to him again over the coming days to confirm which day it will be and how much it will cost per car

hippyross

RMS Regular
Think the last day was Honda only?

Maybe that wasn't Honda haven? Pirates day or something?

@Lee A could tell us the score maybe?

I'd take the Toyota over for a run so long as it isn't this month!

Phil

That was on gsports rollers

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
On who's rollers is this being planned for?

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
@ek4 thon bai type two has been and bought a set of rollers himself so facebook leads me to believe

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Yea Phil I ran that event at gsport. It just happened to be a Honda only as it was run through loughshore vtec pirates but it's hard working getting all them boys together in one place

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
CRV
Yes.
Have been talking to mike still yet to arrange a date hoping some time late november, but have got a price per car which will be £40 compared to his usual rate of £45 slight discount. So far there will be a limit of ten cars depending on how many people are interested.

Regarding non honda cars, if it's to make up the numbers for the day to run I would be more than happy that people brought the car along. But I still need to comfirm this with mike

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Hes offering a £5 discount over his standard rate for a rolling road day? Tell him to suck **** and go elsewhere. Fs even east coast customs managed £30 for the last one i was at lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.