BMW M2 Coupe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Yes i'll have one of those please in phoenix yellow --- or Dakar ----- or white ---- or ?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Too expensive and a bit of a let down IMO really.
That's a 50k car by the time you add some spec into it. Much rather a few months old M3, M4

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Lack of 'M' mirrors on it as well, a trait of the M cars has always been they have had different wing mirrors to the standard line, this doesn't so it's a slight let down for me.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
What an ugly car. I've no doubt it'd be fun, but there's no way I could live with those looks. That back end is absolutely hideous.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Arfur and myself saw a test one with black and white squiggly graphics being pulled off a lorry at the Nurburgring on Monday. Looked the part, even as a test car.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Friend has an m235i (321bhp) and its an animal, this must be insane lol

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I love the idea of it :grinning:.

The smaller car certainly appeals to me over the M3/M4.

johnb740

RMS Regular
Drives
X3 3.0 SD
What a car!

If I wasn't getting married in a couple of months, my name would be down for one.

As expected it has murdered the A45 AMG and the RS3.

I think they are a far more attractive prospect than an M4 being much smaller. The first exhaust videos also has them sounding better than the M4 which I have never really thought sounded very good when I've heard them.

They are £15k cheaper than an M4 and that is a lot. Comparing the price of a new M2 versus a used M4 is pointless imo.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Comparing the price of a new M2 versus a used M4 is pointless imo.

How is it pointless? A 2-3k mile M4 is basically new anyway, and both cars deliver exactly the same sort of experience, only the M2 is smaller and a bit more nimble presumably. On track yeah there's probably a more noticeable difference, but 90% of owners will never track either car.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Because a 2-3k mile M2 will represent the same price reduction in a couple of months.

Apples have to be compared with apples imo.

I don't think it will though, it's a limited run car is it not? 1000 cars only for UK I think?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I think they are a far more attractive prospect than an M4 being much smaller. The first exhaust videos also has them sounding better than the M4 which I have never really thought sounded very good when I've heard them.
They will be twitchy has hell with such a short wheelbase. Get it out of shape on a B road and you'd better be awake.
As for the sound.... The reason it sounds better than an M4 is BMW have clearly given the job of the promo video to some school kids. The sound you hear is from a V8 M3

They are £15k cheaper than an M4 and that is a lot. Comparing the price of a new M2 versus a used M4 is pointless imo.
Crazy suggestion.

johnb740

RMS Regular
Drives
X3 3.0 SD
@chris_b

This is no S65

All reports on the M235i were positive with respect to its handling. The M2 will be a step further than the M235i so I can't see how it will be twitchy. The wheel base of the M2 will probably be very similar to an E36 or E46 M3 with the way cars have grown in size over the years. I've never found my E36 or other E46's that I've driven to be twitchy. The M4 is a big car compared to earlier M3 coupes.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.