Car modifications that you did that now embarrass you?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
Drives
Eunos Roadster
Now that I am an older gentleman nearing 50 I can look back at my days in the 80's and 90's cruise scene with a mix of happiness of the friends I made and horror in the crappy modifications I made at the time thinking it was cool.

Looking back I am rather sad to admit that I had LED washer jets - LED neon Illuminated Washer Jets at Care4car.com

And even worse, for a while I had LED valve caps too. They always let in water and packed up within the week so a complete waste of money - 2 Led Wheel Valve Dust Caps Spoke Lights Safety Car Motorbike Tire Tyre Bike New

Anything you'd like to get off your chest?

Jonathan

56oval

RMS Regular
Im old enough to remember when cruises were just the yank fraternity filling Lakeside with 10 second anglias and road cars with parachutes, it went down hill pretty quickly in the late 80's early 90's and once Max Power hit the shelves it was game over, hated the so called cruise scene that it became from then on out, so safely avoided all of the bolt on tat, neons and isopon bodykitted sh*tcan brigade.

However, i did have my own take on poor taste. Ford Peppermint green was the rage, and a perrier can over the coil was de rigueur

volkswagenlife001.jpg

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I had a carbon bonnet for 3 days...... on a Ford Focus - I'm still scarred by that.

Fitted HIDs to a Cosworth - moreso ashamed of that than embarrassed.

simy

RMS Regular
Clear tail lights on my E36 coupe, cost a fortune and looked like crap.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Can't think of any rash modifications though I remember putting my wee sister in the boot of my 306 to make it look a bit lower for photos, all 5/6 stone of her at that stage.

Did you not have washer welded into the exhaust of a 306 for the whistle? Lol
Or maybe I'm thinking of a different bob

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Late 90's...Tried to make my own steinmetz grill for my corsa out of black wire mesh and a pair of tin snips, pair of tights over the air intake so I could remove the air box to hear it roar lol and breeze blocks in the boot and a mate in the front footwell during pictures to make it look low:oops:

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
OP
TAZ6416
Drives
Eunos Roadster
LED lights in the 80's and 90's I think you would have been classed as a witch

That's a fair point, the LED things probably came later.

However, I did have a set of full Ford OEM Rally Spotlights on my Ford Fiesta 1.0 Popular (45BHP) in the 90's which used to kill the alternator whenever I switched them on.

I also used to have a huge "Rothmans Rally" sunstrip on my Ford Cortina which I loved. Which was kinda ironic as they sponsored Opel at the time I think.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.