Rossi and Marquez clash at Malaysia MotoGP

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog:

Dani Pedrosa took a commanding second win of the season at the Malaysia GP. Although the result itself was completely overshadowed by spiky clash between Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez. Prior to the race, Rossi had accused Marquez of obstructing him during the previous round at Philip Island, in order to help the title bid of fellow Spaniard and Rossi's Yamaha , Jorge Lorenzo.

Back on track, things boiled over between the two rivals in remarkable fashion on lap 7. Read on and watch for yourself...
(Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Can't help but think Vale is a lucky boy. He was sniping at Marquez throughout the week and let his previous race antics (whether deliberate or not) wind him up.

The passes and attempted passes by Marquez were very aggressive and Rossi lost it, in my opinion. It looks for all the world like he kicked out deliberately and was aiming for the levers / handlebars.

I wouldn't be launching an appeal if I were Yamaha. Lorenzo has also sided with his compatriot, which will create a massive split in the camp yet again.

RoniN

RMS Regular
As a Rossi Fan, very sad to see him doing this, he always battles hard but I think that's unacceptable.
Looks like a he flicked his knee out at Marquez's front brake lever to jam on the brakes. (n)

Cheers

simy

RMS Regular
He has done similar things before, was it Stoner a few years ago that he kicked off on the final lap?

Gambit

RMS Regular
Watch Rossi's interview about it, quite amusing. "I slowed to look over and say what the f**k you doing" but he states that marquez was already on the way down and that he clipped his foot of the peg

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
This is all iv seen on social media lately. IMO vale has been unfairly penalised, should he have slowed in the corner and pushed MM wide? probably not but the ''kicking'' incident was all on MM. He was on his way down before the second contact was made. MM should have just took a back seat and let him race his race instead of meddling!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.