Volkswagen November Sales Plummet by 20%

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
It will take them a few years of balance sheet jiggling but I can't see it having long term consequences for them. What do you reckon, will it even take them a year to regain sales? They still have an incredible brand loyality and perceived image despite this. Like the Toyota/accelerator-gate.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Genuinely surprised they have taken the hit. Didn't think people would walk away over dieselgate. I reckon the figures will bounce back OK. One to watch with interest.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Four Vauxhalls in the November top ten. There has be more than brand loyality giving Vauxhall that result. Drink or drugs i suspect.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Four Vauxhalls in the November top ten. There has be more than brand loyality giving Vauxhall that result. Drink or drugs i suspect.

Vauxhalls are cheap and have big warranties on them now, must be the only thing keeping people coming back to them.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Might explain the Vauxhall Mokka situation. There must be hundreds in storage somewhere, as don't see that many on the road, yet they are top ten for sales.

markmeus

RMS Regular
Surprised to see that SEAT seem to be bearing the brunt of the drop in sales. Especially since the media coverage focused on VW and didn't mention the other brands anywhere near as much.

Just thinking perhaps they have a higher percentage of sales that were diesels - it's rare you'd see a petrol Leon.

RCT

RMS Regular
Surprised to see that SEAT seem to be bearing the brunt of the drop in sales. Especially since the media coverage focused on VW and didn't mention the other brands anywhere near as much.

Just thinking perhaps they have a higher percentage of sales that were diesels - it's rare you'd see a petrol Leon.

Again Seat used to be big into pre registering stuff a while back. Could be down to that. Also depends on motabilty offers, seat might not of had as good a deal as other manufactures, so all relevant.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Motability plays a big part in these, the advance payments on a lot of Vauxhalls and Fords is considerably less than the VW Group would be.

In saying that, the majority of our new car enquiries have actually been people looking at TSI equivalents when they would normally have been interested in the diesel variant.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.