Fiat 500C is Best Enjoyed Topless

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: The Fiat 500 has, from its launch in the late 1950’s been a supermini with an abundance of character, however back then it may not have been classed as a supermini, as it was, I would imagine the same size as many small cars of the era, it’s just that in recent decades cars have grown to an extent that they no longer fit in parking spaces.

Even the modern Fiat 500 has grown to create a 500L which is a practical 5 door with copious amounts of room inside and from this model came a 500X which put Fiat and its ever so popular 500 into the crossover segment with the adventurous styling and option of four wheel drive.

In the UK, most residential streets will be home to at least one Fiat 500 but you may not realise as they are tiny and could be hidden behind an overgrown bush quite easily, however despite their small size they do have a big personality.

Fiat UK provided us with even more personality than we could have hoped for on this test car as it is the 500C model which offers a sliding soft top, reminiscent of the 1950’s models with much more refinement, comfort and technology.

From the outside this Fiat 500C makes a very bold statement with just the paint colour alone, it’s along the lines of Salmon and depending on the light can drop to an orange tone, the actual colour is “Glam Coral” and is a respectable £300 option and I feel accentuates the cream canvas roof very well indeed, if a little Dale Winton.

Whilst on the subject of Dale, the boot offers ample room for the weekly Supermarket Sweep, however for prams or any such large items then this little gem maybe isn’t the most practical. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I had one of these as a rental car last summer. It was dog slow but quite fun. thankfully had my wife with me at all times when driving it though! Called in to Brands Hatch, put the roof down and stood on the back seats watching a motorbike track day.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.